Saturday, June 29, 2013

I'VE ACHIEVED IT. PERFECTION.

OMG, I actually had to leave the house on a weekend. So gross. But I had a bridal shower to attend for one of my "almost" daughters, and I couldn't miss that cuz' I just loves her too much.
 
So happy that Tyler made it home for it. Of course, I'm happy anytime Tyler comes home, so that's nothing new. Griffin gets so happy as he's coming up the stairs when he sees the dogs. He just squeals and giggles, and he's so excited he literally shakes. Hilar. 
 
After the shower we went over to see Jackie's 11 day old son, Ayden. So I got to be in baby heaven for a couple of hours. What an adorable little bundle with a ton of black hair. I just love over peoples' babies. 
 
I figured that since I actually was leaving the house and going to be seen by more than one other person, I should have something fancy-schmancy on my nails. Just like usual, Tyler and I didn't even start trying to figure out what we were going to do with our mani's until almost 2 a.m.  Then I decided I wanted a water marble.  Even Tyler said that was stupid because I would never get to bed.
 
I figured I could try one nail, and if it seemed like the polishes weren't going to cooperate, I would just switch gears and stamp something.  As it turns out, everything fell right into place.  And when I say that, I'm talking perfect.....like, PERFECT.
 
Seldom do I have a marble go this easily and turn out so spectacularly. I may have to leave this on for a couple of days.  
 
Did I mention that it's perfect?  Cuz' it is.
Square Hue Ocean Drive, Essie Naughty Nautical, 10 Professional Lady in White water marble
Tell the truth; have you seen many more marbles this perfect?
 
I actually do know that there are tons of marbles out there that are more perfect, but for me, this is one of the best I've ever done, I think.
 
I just wanted something purdy, not quirky or an odd color combo or anything. Just a pretty water marble. And that's exactly what I got.  I used Square Hue Ocean Drive for the light green, Essie Naughty Nautical for the darker green and 10 Professional Lady in White as my base and in the marble.
 
I could not be any happier with this. I'm not usually one to gush over my own mani's, but I'm a-gushing over this one.
 
Sorry, but I have no VOTD, because guess what my day was......
 
PERFECT. ;)

12 comments:

  1. Too funny... and THAT is why we call you "The Queen"!!! Superbly excellent mani, Queenie! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kath!! I knew there was some reason you called me that but I couldn't remember why. lmao

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous all round! I STILL can't get any of my polishes to marble, if one spreads nothing will spread on top, I've all but given up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried adding thinner to your polishes? I almost always add a couple of drops to what I'm using. I want it to drop fairly quickly off the brush. I have a couple of videos up that give a few tips that help me. I think you can get to those by clicking on my profile. They aren't great videos; I had done them for a small group of friends in one of the groups I'm in, but they might help.

      Delete
  3. It came out great. Love the colour selection. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow definitely perfect! so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfection indeed, such a gorgeous water marble!

    ReplyDelete