Thursday, June 6, 2013

REVERSE POLKA DOTS

Ah, medical bills. You can suck it. And my insurance company can suck it, too. So far all of my ridiculous medical stuff that accomplished nothing has taken over $1,000 from my bank account. I'm sure there are probably more bills coming. Just shoot me. It would be cheaper. 

Today I'm throwing up an older mani because I just got a request from Custom Nail Solutions to provide them with a few things that they need right away. So tonight I'll have to do those instead of just doing something for myself.

I like this one and have been thinking about doing it again in some brighter colors. So many to do; so little time! I'm already wondering how long it will take me tonight to do the other mani's when I really should be starting work on those countertops. Ugh. I need more hours in a day. On to the fantabulousness!
Pure Ice Kiss Me Here China Glaze Concrete Catwalk dot mani
I've got two of my fave greys on this one. I think I actually have backups of both of these, Pure Ice Kiss Me Here stamped with China Glaze Concrete Catwalk. Both of them are just really nice, true greys. For the dots I used my DRK-B plate. No way in hell I would try to freehand this, although it probs wouldn't be that hard to do. If I can get away with stamping, though, that's what I'm going to do.

I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday! My house is filthy from all the messing around. Yesterday was the first time I'd seen my dining room table in a couple of weeks because it was covered with a plastic dropcloth since there were pieces of woodwork all over it in the process of being stained.  

So after work I'll get to cleaning. A few of my local nail peeps are coming over Saturday evening for some nail fun and apple pie shots. That house has to at least be presentable.  I was hoping the ex would come over tonight to fix my chair, but he can't come until this weekend. Poop. Ripped chair will still be ripped when company comes. Weak sauce.

Maybe they'll get so wasted on the apple pie shots that they won't notice.

10 comments:

  1. hi! i just followed your blog! I saw your post in adventures in stamping! you have great designs! : )

    Deriniti
    http://myprettynailz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm glad you found me. :)
      I'll make sure to check out your blog, too!

      Delete
  2. I was wondering how you did the transition dots on the border. It makes sense it was a stamp. I need to get that plate. I am so going to copy this one Diane!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Copy away as long as you post it in group :)

      Delete
  3. For this gal..doesn't freakin matter what your house looks like. (I think I may have one of those upholstery needles you were looking for at my house) If I find it, I will bring it. Oh, and already saw the rip in the chair.. Who gives a shizzle, coming over for the fun, not for the 'cleanliness of your castle'. Seriously girl, give it a rest!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matters to me. :P
      I already bought the needle. Tim is going to fix it at some point.

      Delete
  4. This looks so good! I love polka dot manicures :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i was racking my brain wondering how you did those half n half dots with a dotting tool, then read it! Need that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend these stamping plates. For sure my faves.

      Delete