Monday, June 10, 2013

POLKA ANYONE? (dots, that is - I can't dance) AND some extra's!

Just another Monday. Blech. I just don't see the reason for them.  I'd like to just work Wednesday, Thursday and my half days on Fridays from now on. That would be loverly!!

Did I mention I'd want to make the same pittance I make now?  Did I also mention that this is quite the flight of fancy?

One of the mani's I was asked to do recently for Custom Nails was a multi-colored sprinkles on white. Really not a mani I would normally do, but do it I did. My dotting tools got a workout, and this went surprisingly fast. It came off surprisingly fast, too.
Custom Nail Solutions
So, yeah....this is white. And multi-colored dots. I didn't even bother writing down every color I used because I really didn't care. I grabbed bright colors and went on my merry dotting way.

I think it turned our pretty cute for what it is. I guess mabes I'd wear it and not hate it, but I did take it off to move on to their next request.

BONUS MANI'S!!

Thought I'd throw up pics of what the girls did at my house Saturday night. Again, I didn't think to write down what they used, although Kathy was holding the bottle. That's a polish I won from The Sparkle Queen in a contest she held awhile back.

I hadn't tried it over black, but OMG....I never in a gazillion years would have thought it would show up so crazy good. I'm lucky Kathy didn't sneak that one right out the door with her. She was really loving it.  

Check out The Sparkle Queen's blog and find her on Facebook if you'd like to purchase some of her amazing polishes. It comes in other colors, and she actually puts up YouTube videos of them!  Plus, she's a real sweetheart which doesn't hurt, either.
The Sparkle Queen April Showers


Sheesh. Tell me to shut the hell up already!! This was more than enough for one day.


10 comments:

  1. I love polka dot manicures!! :D The extras were awesome too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't do polka dots very often. In fact, I think the only time I've done them is when CNS asks me to. lol
      We had a ton-o-fun Saturday night. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness Diane! You just MADE my WEEK <3 Thank you so much for sharing all of your manis. Your friend has a good eye, over black "April Showers" looks AMAZING! I'm so glad you ladies like the polishes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your polish is awesome, and I'm happy to share! :)

      Delete
  3. The colors you used made the mani. You used the polka dots to give the mani a mosaic feel. Very Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. all it needs is a little tiny hidden stamped image.. a heart or something, so we can call it a "stamped mani". Just teasin'!! LOVE all your mani's... and of course the fabulous CNS nails..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane are those your nails in the last two photos? Nice! Dot manis are pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only the dotted mani is me. All of the others are of friends that came over and used my stuff on Saturday. :)

      Delete