Thursday, June 13, 2013

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

If you read yesterday, you already know that Charter came again. The internet worked like a champ for almost 11 whole hours!! We thought, Yay!!!

We thought wrong.  For the 3rd or 4th night in a row, it went down right around 11:30 p.m. and was still down when I went to bed at 12:45.  Result? Another call made to them this morning. Kev asked them to look at how many times it had gone down since he "fixed" it. Answer, 3 or 4 times. Come on! They're coming again tomorrow. Just shoot me already.

Anywho, when I got home yesterday I finished marbling the counter area around where the tub goes. I swear I had marbled fingers, but not the good kind. Obvi I had to make time for a mani after that.
Darling Diva Wardrobe Malfunction Essie Mirror No Place Like Chrome Llarowe LeaLac plate B stamp
A week or two ago when I ordered my LeaLac plates at Llarowe, I picked up a few polishes. One of those was Wardrobe Malfunction by Darling Diva. What a strange polish this is. I didn't really care much for the formula, and I don't think it got pretty until after I topcoated. It also didn't seem to be holo at all until I topcoated. Even then, I didn't find much holoey goodness. 

Oh, well, that just means stamp the shit out of it like I said I would do. Grab up my LeaLac B plate and Essie Mirror Effect No Place Like Chrome and go to town. 

I like how this turned out although I don't think there's anything special about it. The purple is really brilliant and pretty, so I'm pleased with the color, just not happy about the lack of holo.

I'm anxious to get home and see how things have progressed today without me. Kev was doing the topcoat on the countertops, and I believe he was going to do the first coat on the tub. I'm really praying that turns out. Tomorrow he'll be able to put in my new sink. I'm unreasonably excited about that. It's a sink. How sad is my life that this is a major highlight? Hmmm....

Actually, I have 12 new China Glazes to swatch, the Sunsational Collection. Wowsers, are they bright.

Now that is a highlight.


5 comments:

  1. You mean to tell me you didn't use the same colors as in the counter top....Dare you to do a water marble in those colors...te he he

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually a really good idea! Maybe this weekend! :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful nails! And I refuse to call Charter Customer Service...refuse!

    ReplyDelete