Saturday, June 29, 2013

UH-OH....GUESS WHO ISN'T HAPPY

Somebody pointed out to me that I didn't have a VOTD in my last post. Shocking, I know.

Allow me to make up for that with a SUPER VOTD. 

My name is Diane, and I am a reality show tv addict. Whew. Feels good to finally not be in denial.  That being said, my addiction started with the original Real World on MTV, although I haven't watched that in years. After that came Survivor, and my complete downfall, Big Brother. 

Oh, that first season! I'm lucky I survived it. Free live feeds 24 hours a day, and I couldn't tear myself away from my computer screen. I spent months very tired at work after sitting in from of that screen until 3 or 4 am every night. I was and still am hooked. I am a die-hard Big Brother lover. I wait for it every summer, fully realizing that there will not be enough hours in a day to watch my normal shows plus the 3 hours of live feed on Showtime After Dark 7 days a week.

Cut to this year. Eff you, CBS. Every year they do something that fails epically.  This year, they left Showtime and moved to, of all things, the TV Guide Network for After Dark. They have obviously lost their everlovin' collective corporate minds. We live for After Dark; 3 solid hours of live, unedited shenanigans and tomfoolery in the BB house. Fighting, swearing, scheming, nekkidness, craziness in general....that's what we want. It's how we learn who these people really are outside of the edited 3 hours that are shown on network tv every week.

I tried watching it. I managed to sit through about 15 minutes and wanted to stab myself in the eye. They're showing it "live" with I don't know how many seconds of a delay so they can bleep the hell out of it. But they aren't just bleeping "a" word; they're bleeping out entire sentences before and after the offensive word. With 16 people in the house, that's a whole lot of bleeping going on.

I shut it off, and I've been pissed ever since. The normal highlight of my summer tv season has been destroyed. I'm crushed, defeated....saddy pants.

I know. I'm dramatic. I wish I could say I'm exaggerating how I feel about this, but I'm not. I have yet to decide how I'll cope with this issue. Read every line on Joker's Updates, I suppose, but it's just not the same as watching. Insert heavy *sigh* here.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program, nails.  I decided to soak off my nails last night so I only had time to do a little sumpin-sumpin. Not exciting but at least they aren't nekkid.
Zoya Kennedy Out the Door Northern Lights Hologram Topcoat Gold
 I really did a shit job cleaning up the glue around my nails. Yikes. I have since corrected that problem, but this pic is kind of a nightmare. The pink is Zoya Kennedy, and it's a really neutral kinda pink. I like it but thought it was a little boring. I just got Out the Door Northern Lights Hologram topcoat in both gold and silver in the mail, so I threw on 2 coats of the gold one. It isn't showing up at all in this picture, but even with 2 coats, I didn't find it showed up all that well in person, either. Color me unimpressed.  Maybe it'll work better over a dark color.

I'm not sure if I'll post this weekend. Tyler, Bob and Griffin should be here soon. Yay!! I'm excited to see them, and they're going to be here for a whole week this time. Gonna' be fun!!!

Have a great weekend!! :)

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I like it, too. It's kind of a neutral with a pink tone.

      Delete
  2. Not usually into pinks at all but this had me googling swatches of Zoya Kennedy, I likey a lot! Another one for the list! I just did a crazy lemon and lime mani last night! Don't ask me why, very 'not me'!
    http://pinterest.com/pin/173318285632737355/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a great color; it's almost more nude than pink. What polish is that lemon/lime? I have a very similar color. It's not very "me", either, but it's nice to have. SO bright!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah it's a hodge podge of cheap polishes from local supermarket! I made it more wearable last night with some scotch tape and grey! http://pinterest.com/pin/173318285632743875/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's cute! Definitely toned it down so I don't need sunglasses. lol

      Delete