Monday, June 3, 2013

MISERABLE, MARBLEY MALARKY

Ugh...it's Monday, and I feel lazy. I really need my ship to come in so I can retire and just play with my nails and watch tv all day. 

One thing I love about weekends is having extra time to work on mani's. It's really the only chance I have if I want to do something labor intensive like tons of tape work or marbling. 

Because you just never know with the damn marbles.....they tend to have a mind of their own. And that mind is bent on ever-so-slowly pushing me towards the doors of a psychiatric hospital. And yet I still do them. Crap. Maybe that means I really am crazy!!

This was easily one of the strangest marbles I've ever done.   Even though my polishes were spreading out fine in the water, they gave me nothing but trouble when trying to make a design. I gave up after doing my left hand and figured I'd do my right hand the next day.

So I did. I wish I had taken a picture of it. Exact same everything, and it looked like a completely different marble with completely different colors. It was crazy!! My ivory base came through more, and the other colors were all about 3 shades lighter. I wasn't a fan of either hand so I took it off and just did the green daisy mani instead.

There's 2 hours of my life I'll never get back.  Good thing I have plenty of hours to spare. I really wanted a marble, too....saddy pants is me. Try again some other day, I guess. *insert heavy sigh here*
Water marble China Glaze Fade Into Hue Beauty Treats Apricot American Apparel Cotton
You can't see it, but I used American Apparel Cotton as a basecoat and also included it in the actual marble. The other colors are China Glaze Fade Into Hue and Beauty Treats Apricot.

Not everything is a success, and while I understand that, it really effing pisses me off.

On a brighter note, I now have over 300 instagram followers, which is nutz!! Man, there are some super talented peeps posting on there! It never ceases to amaze me how people have thousands and thousands of followers on blogs, FB or Instagram. 

When I grow up, I want to be just like them.


6 comments:

  1. Lovely marble manicure! I love the colors you used in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the colors, too....wish they would have translated a little better.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Me, too! I wish the ivory would have made an appearance. It was just a weird marbling session.

      Delete
  3. I love the soft look of this one. It's very cool and one of your favorite colors to boot!

    Yes, I wish we could both retire...we deserve it! and play with our nails, dogs and take beautiful pictures of birds!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We DO deserve to retire, although I'd be happy if I could just work half days.

      Delete