Wednesday, June 19, 2013

SCRIBBLES OR SOME SUCH NONSENSE

Happy day.....my darling honorary daughter finally had her baby boy last night. I say finally but she was actually only one day after her due date. Ayden Thomas is a big boy, over 10 pounds! If you knew what a smidge-midge Jackie is, you'd never know how big that is.....he's practically bigger than her already. I'm excited for them and can't wait to meet him. Made my night when I saw the pic, chubby cheeks and full head of dark hair, just like his daddy. She got exactly what she wanted, a kid with color, since she's whiter than paper. 

Got pics of the June issue of Les Nouvelles Esthetiques & Spa magazine yesterday and figured I'd force you to see those before you see my mani. Sneak, right?




















As always, I'm thrilled to have my nails featured. This is the third time now in this magazine. The editor-in-chief has also now asked me to do articles on my own for them. She asked me to do five tutorial-type articles that will run as a series for five months. I don't get paid or anything, but it's still pretty cool! I've already submitted my first two, which I believe will run in September and October. 

That's my brag for the day. Onto the reason you came.

I had such plans to do something more labor intensive last night, but my stomach had other plans. I didn't even start doing my damn nails until after 10 o'clock. Of course, I had to do something.....I didn't want to wear the same thing 2 days in a row. And since the hardest thing about stamping is choosing colors, this didn't take me very long at all.
OPI Suzi Takes the Wheel, Sinful Colors Black on Black, Llarowe LeaLac plate A stamp
I was really drawing a blank for what colors I felt like doing and figured I hadn't done grey in awhile. I love grey polishes, but for some odd reason, I only have about 40 of them. I think that's weird. I pretty much grabbed the first light one I saw, OPI Suzi Takes the Wheel and decided to use Sinful Colors Black on Black instead of the Konad stamping black. I need to buy another white and black Konad polish...mine are getting goopy.  Of course I had to use a Lealac stamping plate, and the A plate has some good geometric kinda stuff. So this is what I came up with. Methinks it's kinda-sorta cool. 

It's another one-dayer, I believe. Mabes tonight I'll start earlier and figure out something a bit more exciting to do. I have a ton of ideas I want to try, but they seem like ideas that will take a few hours to accomplish. It's never a good idea for me to do those on weeknights because I might still have my ass parked in the recliner, swearing at myself and my nails, until 2 in the morning. 

I'm super smart that way. I'd say damn near Mensa level.

No comments:

Post a Comment