Tuesday, June 4, 2013

WELL, THIS IS DIFFERENT....NOT VERY "ME"

Can someone please tell me where my cardinals went?? They were around non-stop all weekend. Yesterday not a sighting, not even a peep was heard. I'm assuming the babes are now gone from the nest. I guess they only stay there for around 7 days. But does that mean they're just "gone" now? Dammit. If that's the case, I'll miss seeing them.

Ah, those new LeaLac plates!! So much fun to have new designs to mess around with. I wish more companies would make plates large enough for my nails.

I got my monthly Julep Maven polishes yesterday; 3 great colors so I immediately decided that the baby blue was the way to go. I really like being a Maven. I've found it to be really fun. The best part is finding out on the 20th of each month what's in each style box and being able to skip a month if I want. I joined last spring. I've jumped in on more mystery boxes than I can remember because those are always fun when they do those. I have skipped several monthly boxes when I wasn't thrilled with them, but I love their polish. If you want to check it out and maybe join, please use my referral link: Julep Maven.  If you don't end up liking them, you can also cancel without any trouble. Anywho, enough plugging for that. I love 'em....just sayin'.

This mani is SO not a Diane mani. I'm not sure if I like it or hate it. It seemed really stark to me, so I did add a holo topcoat which softened it even though the holo doesn't come through much. Maybe I should have done 2 coats of that. Evs.
Julep Bess Zoya Ibiza Llarowe LeaLac stamp plate
I love this baby blue, Julep Bess. I also love a good dark blue and have some (translation-dozens), and I decided on Zoya Ibiza because it has a shimmer to it. That, just like the holo topcoat, did not really translate very well. This Llarowe LeaLac plate is LLC-A. 

Centering this bitch was not easy at all!! Holy-moly! It's the first time I think I've used a design that really needs to be centered. If I use one again, hopefully I'll get better at it. Just one more thing I need to learn, I guess. Gross. Old dogs don't like learning new tricks.

Nice to see that my mani is as off kilter as its owner.


5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I find it to be very loud cuz' it's SO damn big!

      Delete
  2. I don't think that big design would look good on shorter nails. It is huge! It isn't something I would expect to see on you. However, it is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy I found your blog, lovely nails!

    ReplyDelete