Wednesday, June 12, 2013

HERE'S ONE I LIKE :)

Charter arrived bright and early this morning. They gave us a window of anytime between 8 and 10 and actually showed up around 8:15.  Shocker.  So the worker, who had hair 6 inches longer than mine and ten times healthier, dealt with Kev while I went off to work.

After crawling under the house, he got rid of some splitter that had been there since we had Charter for our cable. He also replaced something up on the pole. So now it's a wait and see if that did the trick.

What I'd like to know is why none of the other 3-4 workers didn't do any of those things. Especially if these things are finally what fixes it. Does that mean of the 3-5 guys, only 1 of them actually knows his job? Not impressed.

Last night I was doing some more work in the bathroom so I didn't do a mani. Jeebus, I really want my bathroom back to normal. Right now my garden tub is sitting in my living room because I'm also going to attempt refinishing that. Hopefully I won't regret that decision. Tonight I'll finish with the marbling on the area around the tub. Then I just need to topcoat that and the sink area, and I'll never have to look at the disgusting blue that was my counter areas again. I will post pics at some point. Our new sink came yesterday, too, and I love it! I think it's all going to look pretty good when it's done, and it's a lot cheaper than gutting it, but I am tired of my house looking like a disaster.

So you get a rehash mani today. Sorry about that, but there are just not enough hours in a day, especially during the week.
China Glaze Secret Peri-Winkle China Glaze Peachy Keen water marble
I think this one is pretty funky and cool. And bonus, they are two of my all-time fave China Glaze colors, Secret Peri-Winkle and Peachy Keen. And black, obvi. I can't remember for sure if I did a white basecoat, but I think I see some white peeking out along the cuticle line of my pinkie. So I'm gonna' go with, yes, I did do a white basecoat.

I'm not sure what the obsession is with marbles the last few days. I mean, they are one of my fave things, but I need to show something else here pretty quick. Hopefully tonight I'll get to do my nails and stamp the shit outta' them. 

I honestly don't think I can wear the same green marble mani for a third day. That is just wrong on so many levels. It's holding up like a champ, though....not even a speck of tip wear even after typing for two days.

My pool water is actually up to a whopping 72 degrees today! I'd kill to be floating in it right now instead of sitting here at work. I sure hope I'll get some chance this weekend to lounge in it.

Of course, if it's still that cold, I have no intention of actually getting wet.

5 comments:

  1. Great colors you used in this water marble manicure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I like this combo even tho it's kind of an odd one. lol

      Delete
  2. I think the other guys may not have been keen to be crawling under the house, so they put a bandaid on it and hope you go away. Sounds like you got a guy that is willing to earn his pay and do the job right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the others went under, too. What they need to see is right by the entrance where they go under. And even though he may have been willing, he was unsuccessful, too. The internet crashed again late last night. They are coming again tomorrow. :(

      Delete