Tuesday, June 25, 2013

WELL, THAT SUCKED

Yesterday I did more work in three hours than I did all of last week which meant I couldn't even start my blog post. I just figured I'd go home, do my nails and get to it.  This was not meant to be.

Right as I was ready to start polishing, out goes the power. Oh, fan-frickin-tastic. It's the first time it's been miserably hot and humid, and the power goes off. I couldn't believe how fast it became sweltering in the house. Next plan, go sit on the deck and do nails while we hope for power.

If you didn't know this, know it now.....nail polish doesn't dry worth a damn out on a deck in 90% humidity. Just a friendly FYI. What a nightmare. I even tried the "stick 'em in cold water" trick. That didn't work either.

So now I have sticky nails as I sit out on a sticky deck, trying to do the cleanup as the light fades. What the hell was I thinking?? Plus, we were really pissed because Under the Dome was set to record at 10:00, and you really can't do that without power. That's another friendly FYI there for ya'. I am SO helpful today! 

I did find out that Under the Dome's pilot is replaying on Sunday, so at least that works out.

Finally at 10:30, the power popped back up, and we got the fans going again. We haven't put our window AC in yet because...well, because we really haven't been having much summer. Anywhosers, the nails finally dried, and I was all set to stamp. And OMG, it was just seriously NOT my night last night! Something that should have gone on in like 10 minutes took 45. 

By the time I finished it, I hated it just because it was such an obnoxious douche of a mani.
Essie The Girls Are Out Naughty Nautical Collection, Llarowe LeaLac B stamp plate, Konad white
I was excited to do something, too, because my Essie Naughty Nautical collection came yesterday.  This is The Girls Are Out. You can't really tell with these unless you're nose is right next to them, but some of this collection has a bit of a shimmer to them. Hell, for all I know they all do; maybe I just didn't have my nose close enough as I swatched them.  I wanted the white to really show up so I used my Konad white with the Llarowe LeaLac B stamp, but it still didn't come out as strong as I wanted. After having to re-do four of them and some of them twice, I gave up. 

Color me over it.  If I do nails tonight, it has to go better than this one did. 

If not, watch for my nail supply sale on eBay.


14 comments:

  1. I really like it but I do understand the power out and humidity thing. I have that happen here a lot with all the wet & humid weather we have. Hubby was scheduled to fly out this morning and the power went off in the middle of the night. He woke up in a panic. Never mind I said, clock radio has a battery back up...never free...Norma is here!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Power outages happen rarely, but I'm so lost when it happens. No internet or tv?? Unacceptable!

      Delete
  2. Bwahaha! Sorry welcome to my world! S.E Asia, humidity 90%, constant power outs, NOT optimum mani drying conditions! I feel ya, thx for the phrase of my evening though "obnoxious douche of a mani". giggling into my voddy and coke! (school hols woohoo and I deserve the treat as I got off my ars and did Zumba today!)xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had that happen before with the non-drying. Not a fan. lol
      You are obvi much more ambitious than I am....Zumba = no thanks. ;)

      Delete
    2. Haha, yeah I really have to push myself now the alarm doesn't go off in the mornings!

      Delete
  3. Can I show off my Galaxy nails though.. my 2nd attempt and I'm really chuffed with 'em! http://pinterest.com/pin/173318285632713438/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn! Nice mani, Faddict!! Feel free to share a link to your nails whenever you want. I don't mind at all. And now, I'm off to check out your nail board. :)

      Delete
    2. Thx! I just bought 2 pairs of kids craft scissors today so I can do some cool scotch tape mani's! (and my daughter can chop up my printer paper and leave it all over the floor :/ )

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It wasn't the most fun evening I've ever had, that's for sure. lol

      Delete
  5. Really like the stamping design on this! Sorry to hear that the power got cut off. I know how that feels, that's happened to me in the past before and it was pretty scary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's more of a hassle than anything. I knew it wouldn't last for very long.

      Delete
  6. Stupid douchebag mani. I'd slap it in its face if it had one. I'd be dropping f-bombs if I had to do four nails over. I may or may not drop 'em when I have to do one over, which happens on a regular basis, to which my DH responds, "It's not worth getting that mad over, especially when you do it all the time."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spoken like a DH that doesn't get it. lol
      I've dropped many f-bombs in the past year while doing nails....several just last night.

      Delete