Sunday, June 9, 2013

WATER MARBLE "JUST CUZ'"

Last night a few of the "gals" came over for a nail night. There was just four of us, and I don't know about anybody else, but I had a great time. Such a nice bunch of chickies. Drank a little but no drunks, they gazed in wonder at my stash and used some of my stuff to do their nails. I attempted to give a water marble lesson, which kinda' worked out; I showed how it's done but wasn't happy with it. So I didn't even do my nails.

Today I had to do some work on that damn countertop, and my first attempt sucked ass. Once it dried I did it over again and am much happier with the results. 

Then I took a little nappy-nap because I can't stay asleep at night. My shoulder is really giving me trouble, and it wakes me up every hour or so. Then I ate dinner and the stomach started really hurting. I swear, it's always something....it sucks to get old. And my nails still weren't done.

It just hasn't been my day, I guess! Even now I only have one hand finished, but I wanted to at least get it posted so I can finish the other and hopefully go to bed a littler earlier than normal.
Orly Lemonade Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Hard to Get Wet n Wild Club Havana water marble
I painted my nails white with just one coat of Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Hard to Get.  Then I used that along with Orly Lemonade and Wet n Wild Megalast Club Havana for the marble. I had to try 4 different yellows before I could get one to work. I don't know why, but I always seem to have a problem with yellows when I marble. They're just obnoxious, and I can't figure out why.

Oh, well....it's a marble. And it has yellow. So I'll be satisfied with it.

And now I'm off to do my right hand. Hopefully it will go as easily as this one did! 

G'night, all!

6 comments:

  1. Marble looks great, Diane! I had a great time last night. Should have stayed over, and helped with your project! (fml - more drama from the fam urgh) More stories for next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could have spent the night. lol
      Shoot me a pm or something. I don't want to
      wait until next time to hear the latest drama!

      Delete
  2. Very nice! I attempted water marble once and it did not come out so good, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes they work, and sometimes they don't. Keep practicing because all of
      a sudden, you'll get the hang of it.

      Delete