Tuesday, June 11, 2013

WATER MARBLE MAGNIFICENCE!

I have a VOTD today!! A couple, actually!

First off, Charter is still not working. Kev called them again last night, and he said that he finally talked to someone who actually seemed like he had a brain. (pardon my skepticism) The guy said he could actually look at something and see everytime it has gone down. WTF? If that's the case, why haven't they noticed that the last 7-8 times they've been called and then tried to fix it. Jerks. So now they are coming out again tomorrow....I believe this is the 6th time. I'll cross my fingers, but I have little faith in them fixing it. But oh, wow....they're knocking a whopping $20 off my bill. There's also some nonsense about how Kev was told that there is no longer a monthly rental fee for a modem, which is why they told him to go get a new one of theirs last week. Apparently that was misinformation as they do, indeed, charge a monthly fee. I am going to kill someone. Anybody want to be my alibi?

My second VOTD is in reference to a certain Facebook group I belong to. The nitpickiest, most anal-retentive, overly dramatic group I'm in. And I'm in quite a few that seem to have no problems. To say I feel like I'm targeted when I post is an understatement. First it started with a big uproar because people would ask questions about my Custom Nails. Holy shit. You'd think the world was coming to an end. And since I'm here writing this, evidently that was not the case. 

Next I was targeted by someone over a contest entry I did. Apparently there were 2 different rule links. I followed one, and the other person called me out and said I was cheating. That was a whole big "to-do". I was a winner in the contest, so guess who won that battle of the nonsensical? 

Now there's an issue of my blog link being deleted because when I posted it, the "wrong" mani pic showed up as the picture for the link. So even though my actual post WAS related, the thread got deleted. I'm calling bullshit on this one.  It just really pisses me off. It's a pretty big group, and obvi I want people to come here and to my FB page. Evs.

That's all I'm going to say about that. I'm taking a deep breath and moving on.

Jeepers! That felt good!!

Last night I just got the urge to do a marble. Now, normally I don't do them on weeknights because they can take wayyyy too long, but I figured I'd give it a go.  Somebody up there must like me because it went perfectly! Not a single re-do. Everything fell right into place the way I wanted it to. Made my night!
China Glaze Exotic Encounters Julep Shenae Zoya Wednesday water marble
The hardest part of this was deciding what colors I wanted to use. Go pink? Go purple? Blue?  Heavens, such a quandry!! Once I decided what I was wearing to work, I had to go green.  So green it is! A single coat of Julep Shenae (does anybody else think Shanaynay when they see that?) and then I marbled with that along with China Glaze Exotic Encounters and Zoya Wednesday.

Could this BE any more perfect?? In case you're wondering, the answer to that question is "no". Say it with me; "Diane, that water marble could not BE any more perfect." 

Very good.  You get an "A" for the day.  

As do I for such an awesome marble. (I am cracking myself up today)

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks...I'm pretty damn happy with this one!

      Delete
  2. This turned out sooo beautiful! It's perfect, really it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria Marino HackneyJune 11, 2013 at 7:20 PM

    Great water marble!!! It's beautiful!! I belong to quite a few NP groups and there are a couple that have way more drama than needs to be. That's why most of the time I just lurk! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People can be way to intense. It's just nails! Sheesh.

      Delete
  4. I'm loving this marble! I'm srry you're having such a hard time with the groups, I only belong to two and so far (fingers crossed) I haven't had any trouble and everyone has been very nice.

    I know how frustrating Charter can be, as once our interwebs was out for an entire week! It's also so hard to get someone there that understands what you are saying and you them. Hopefully they get it fixed soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes some of the groups seem to forget it's supposed to be nail FUN, not a bunch of drama. I'm over it. Plenty of people jumped in and helped get my point across, and we are movin' on from the nonsense.
      Charter should be here anytime now. Well, between 8 and 10. I'm hoping they don't come until after I've left for work because I have no desire to deal with them. lol

      Delete
  5. Impressive!! I am way too impatient to attempt this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one was so easy anyone could do it. Seriously.

      Delete