Monday, October 14, 2013

PANICKED BUT STILL PRETTY IN PINK

I'm officially panic stricken. Shoulder surgery is for sure on the 23rd. In my mind I thought the whole thing was kind of a minor blip. Unfortunately, it appears I am mistaken. When they told me how difficult the recovery would be, I thought they were talking about if the worse case scenario happened, which would be them finding damage to my rotator cuff.  Once I got home and started thinking, I realized I didn't ask a couple of questions about how "my" recovery was going to be for him going in and just taking off part of a bone. Imagine my surprise when I was told 6 weeks in a sling and a whole LOT of pain. Not happy.

So here I am, going along with each day still wearing those rose-colored delusional land glasses. The ones where I have the surgery, go back to work on the 28th and wear a sling for maybe a week. I think it was last night when it hit me that this really isn't going to be walk in the park. Not that I ever walk in the park, but I hear tell it's pretty easy.

All day today for everything I've done, I've tried to pretend I can't use my right arm. News flash; this is a real problem!! I should probs tell the bossman that I may have been mistaken when I told him it's not that big of a deal. I'm thinking everything I do is going to be a big deal and hopefully not for weeks and weeks. Ugh. I wish I could change my mind.

If I disappear from here for awhile, you'll know why. At this point I highly doubt I'll be doing any nail art. I think I'll be lucky if I can even paint them. That's depressing.

As if that's not enough, Tinlee started throwing up on Thursday night and continued right on into Sunday. Finally I had to call the vet and get her in for an emergency visit. Everything seemed normal, and they gave her a shot to help her tummy.  She kept down some rice for breakfast this morning, and I'll find out after work if she kept it down from lunchtime. She's making me a damn basket case.

On to normal stuff; nails.
Essie Neo Whimsical, China Glaze Admire, Llarowe LeaLac XL-B stamp
Not a whole lot to say about it. It's pink. It's pretty. It lasted 2 days. The base is Essie Neo Whimsical, and it's stamped using the Llarowe LeaLac XL-B plate and China Glaze Admire. 

I actually did a better job than it looks like I did. The glare is making it look like it's a slop-fest of a mess with missing pieces of designs. It's not! I swear!

I'm in such a slump today. All I want to do is go home to keep an eye on Tinlee. I'm uninspired with my nails, too. That's annoying because I would love to have a stockpile waiting in the wings for blogposts when I can't do my nails. Even if I can't polish, I'm thinking I could manage to type a post with just one hand.  

I think I liked my rose-colored delusional land glasses better than these damn clear ones.


4 comments:

  1. Major crappers:( Really hope your surgery goes perfectly and your recovery is miraculously fast! This mani is beautiful, I know I will see this Pinned under 'Dream Wedding' a ton on Pinterest! XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a wedding? I never even considered that. :)

      Delete
  2. I think the nails look beautiful! I have had rotator cuff surgery three times now. The first time was on three out of 4. They kept a machine on my arm for the first bit to keep my arm moving I think that was a good idea. The second time. no machine, and was just one. This third time was a joke. They didn't think it would work and I should not have bothered! I cannot hardly use my arm. I would do it again if it was my first or second time. Not a third and not if they thought it wouldn't work. You will be glad you did it!! Good luck Sweetie. I will be gone to Worlds for Mounted Shooting and wont be back till the 21st, but will check in when I get back! Stay strong! You should get it done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3 times?? OMG. I can't even imagine that! I'm still thinking my rotator cuff is okay; just need that little bit of bone removed so it stops rubbing. There's no way I wouldn't have made this choice. No way do I want this pain every day for the rest of my life. What the heck is Worlds for Mounted Shooting?

      Delete