Thursday, October 17, 2013

GLITTER "SOMETIMES" MAKES THING BETTER

Well, last night was my first of many nights sleeping in the recliner. I'm using the word "sleeping" very loosely. I still slept like complete crapovitch, but it did make a difference as far as arm pain. So let's just call that a "half success", shall we?   Mabes I'll sleep better there after I do it for a bit. Or mabes I should switch to Kev's recliner, which is bigger. Decisions, decisions....

Told the bossman today that I wasn't sure if I'd be back right away the Monday after my surgery. Yeah, that went over fan-f***-ingtastically. Not so much. He said that maybe he should get someone else in to work for me. Um, thanks? I told him I can't afford to not be working. Then he offered to lay me off for three months and I could collect unemployment. I'm not so much a fan of that idea, either. Even after 23 years I don't feel like I'd be guaranteed my job back if he were to find someone that can do the work I do for less money. Sad to feel that way. I wish I felt from him even a smidge of the loyalty I have towards him. He knows I need to work, and he knows I try really hard to not take time off for health reasons. Hell, if I go back over the 23 years he technically probs owes me at least 10 weeks of vacay for all the years I didn't take fun time off. Too bad that doesn't accumulate so I can use it. He also remarked that I've taken "so much time off this year". So for now I guess I'll drag my ass in here on Monday, 5 days after surgery, and see how things go. Wish me luck.

In keeping with the depression that is slowly starting to creep up on me, I thought I'd take a page from a bunch of peeps who claim "glitter makes everything better".
Zoya Blu, China Glaze Light as Air gradient, Orly Shine On Crazy Diamond glitter topcoat
I guess I'll agree with them a little on that.  I'm loving this mani. My gradient is with Zoya Blu and China Glaze Light as Air. It was pretty enough on its own, but then I remembered I had a pretty glitter that might look good on top of it. This one is Orly Shine On Crazy Diamond, a nice fine glitter that is actually a bit holographic if more than one coat is used. Since I wasn't trying to cover that gradient, I just went with the one coat.

I'm thinking I might actually keep this until tomorrow unless my eyes suddenly get "un-tired" enough to do nails again tonight. I feel like I need to do a bunch of mani's to make up for how sad I'm going to be if I can't do my nails after surgery.

Seriously, what am I going to do after surgery??  I've yet to figure out how I'll even use my laptop. That is seriously going to put me right over the edge. I live on the computer from the time I get up until the time I go to bed. I only take breaks to eat, potty and do my nails. I may reach a whole new level of cray-cray if I can't play on the interwebs!!

Jeebus. I wish something good would happen. I'm kind of over the crap. I know other people are going through so much more than I am, but for right now I'm throwing myself a teensy-weensy pity party.  I should have bought booze for it. Or at least an awesome choco-cherry cake. 

Dammit. Now I want cake.

11 comments:

  1. *HUGS* i hope everything works out. and dude, go eat cake, you have def earned it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wish I had the stuff to make that cake. It's my fave. lol

      Delete
  2. *sending you cake virtually* Maybe you need to get some friends to volunteer to come over and do your nails :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol...YUMMERS! I don't really have anybody around that will do my nails, but I have a feeling it won't take me long to figure out how to still do them. lol

      Delete
  3. you poor thing! Sounds like your boss is quite the A$$ which sucks for you....sorry you are going through all this B.S hopefully things will start to turn around for you soon!!! Take it easy & don't rush back til you are feeling better! Maybe you will find someone to help you with your nails when you are out of commission for a bit...((hugs)) & prayers being sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's really only an ass when it comes to giving me time off. It's hard since I'm his only help. Things will get better; I'm just in a mood, I think.

      Delete
  4. 23 yrs and he's not into giving you some extra hols even for surgery?! B...cough..stard!
    Defo the choc cake, booze, depression and upcoming surgery could be a bad combo!.. Nice mani! The gradient is super subtle! I had an annoying put colour and glitter on, hate it, take it off, put on a fab plum and flakie combo, loved it then broke a nail today щ(ಠ益ಠщ) Fab plum and flakey b4 breakage;- http://www.pinterest.com/pin/173318285633417265/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovin' that mani!! A broken nail...BOOOOO!!
    Yeah, 23 years means little here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diane,
    I'm thinking about you and sending you lots of hugs and prayers during this rough time. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If good vibes across the internet space works, I should be all set :)

      Delete