Thursday, September 5, 2013

I HEART THIS

I really think my hummers have begun to migrate south for the winter. Color me saddy-pants. The past couple of days have been very quiet. I'm still only seeing one at a time. My adult male is still around, though, so I'm just not sure. Supposedly the males migrate first so I guess I'm just not sure what's happening. They do say that sometimes that even after the usual birds have left, those coming from farther north might stop in for a visit and a bite to eat. Mabes the male I'm seeing isn't even mine. I don't know....I'm just sad they are going to leave. I'll miss them. *sniff*

In the meantime, though, I'm thinking I'll buy a window feeder to keep the cardinals around for the winter. I haven't seen much of them, but they are still around and don't leave when it gets cold out. So that might be fun, too!

Tomorrow we leave for lower Michigan for a family wedding, so I don't know if I'll have time for blogging. I do have mani's on standby so if I get a chance, maybe I'll manage to quickly throw one up here. No promises.

This is a marble I did over the weekend. I had done a successful heart marble once before. I then tried to show someone how to do it a few months ago and was majorly disappointed in myself because I just couldn't get it to work. It finally kind of dawned on me what I was doing wrong, and when I tried it again, I had very little trouble getting the pattern to work.
Spa Ritual Basalt, Fresh Paint Alex's Lemonade water marble
The grey is Spa Ritual Basalt, and the yellow is Fresh Paint Alex's Lemonade.

I really like heart marbles. I think they are seriously groovy and since they are misshapen, I'm sure some acid-tripping hippie from the 60's might think so, too.

And no, I'm not old enough to have actually experienced the psychedelia from back than. 

10 comments:

  1. This looks very pretty! I'm sure I couldn't make it work ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you probs could. It took me awhile to get it, but practice is what it takes.

      Delete
  2. Very groovy, Mombo! :) Tell Kevy-poos side if the fam hi from me! ! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, grey and yellow so nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I like the grey/yellow combo. I did only choose them because I had just bought them and they were sitting in front of me. lol

      Delete
  4. Loved the color combi and the way hearts have come out.......... :)

    ReplyDelete