Tuesday, September 17, 2013

FOR CANCUN IT SHALL BE (at least at first)

So here I am, Tuesday of our week long Cancun vacay. Saturday is coming way too fast.

Sadly, this trip has not been quite what I was hoping for this time around. The last time we were here we had sunshine, lollipops and rainbows for all but one night around 11 when we got a downpour.  I got so tan that the Mexican servers were holding their arms against mine for comparison. For the record, we were the same color.

Flip to this year, and we have had the exact opposite. Gale force winds most of the time, and rain off and on every day so far. In looking at the forecast, it appears that's what we're stuck with. Even though I've managed a smidge of time in our private pool, an even smaller smidge was actually in sunshine.

The good part is that when we were here 4 years ago, we met a really nice couple from California, and they booked their trip this year to coincide with ours. We've been spending every evening with them, dinner and more than a smidge of drinking. Good people; good fun. If they hadn't been here, I'm afraid I would have been in a very bad mood.

The night before we left for our trip, of course I had to do a mani I would want to leave on for a bit. I decided a pastel water marble would work well, so I slapped one on Friday night before leaving. We had to leave our house at 4 a.m. to drive 2 hours to the airport to catch our flight, so for me it just made more sense to stay up and sleep in the car and on the plane. I guess I closed my eyes in the recliner from about midnight until 2 and then got up and took a shower, and off we went.

For whatever reason, this ended up being kind of a hurry-up marble, and I didn't even think to take the time to write down any of the polishes I used. They're pastel. Boom.
pastel water marble
I did like this Friday night when I did it.  I'm not sure why, but I thought just putting the white on my toes would look good for the trip. OMG, it was awful! I did just a crap job and was actually embarrassed by that pedicure.

So yesterday before dinner I took all of it off.

What...did you think I went somewhere for an entire week without supplies? Puh-leeze. To do a marble for the week sounded great in theory, but I knew there was no way in hell I would want to wear anything for a week. So I brought polishes, stamping stuff, remover, cotton....everything I would  need to switch 'em up.

So last night I changed them to a plain polish that I just got done stamping over a bit ago. But I'll save that for another day.

Now we are off to the new Italian restaurant at our resort. Yummers.  Who knows what's happening after that, but I'm sure drinking will be involved.

3 comments:

  1. I luv this!!!
    Hope you are having fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are for sure having fun...but I can still bitch about the weather.

      Delete
  2. Love all of these colors together!!! Great look :)

    ReplyDelete