Tuesday, May 7, 2013

PURPLE? BLUE? BLURPLE? WTF IS IT??

ARGH!!!!!

No, I'm not in pirate mode. I'm just frickin pissed! Why can I not for the life of me get purple to photograph correctly? I can't stress enough how frustrated I am. Horse hockey...not frustrated; Pissed with a capital P.  Once again, ran around the house for different lighting, outside, in the lightbox even though I only have one good light....I even tried doing it at the office!! It just figures, though, simply because purples are my fave. How many times do I have to call bullshit on this?

So there's my vent of the day, hereinafter referred to as "VOTD". That'll save me at least 2.5 seconds of typing since I'm sure you have noticed by now that I almost always have a VOTD. I'm really not quite as cranky as I read. People that know me may disagree with that last statement, but they can suck it. ;)

See how pleasant I am? Who wouldn't give just about anything just to be around me and able to bask in the pleasure of my ever-so-sparkling personality?? 

On to the purple mani! Or whatever it is now; blurple, I guess.

I had seen a similar mani on Pinterest and thought it looked pretty cool. I actually considered doing it in either green or blue, but I have SO many purdy purples I just had to do it this way. Once I finished and saw it in the daylight, holy yikers, this biotch is bright!! I don't know if I like it or hate it. By the time I decide, I'll be taking it off. 
I went with Color Club Express Yourself. I was not impressed with application. It's not glossy but not fully matte, either. It took three coats to get it to cover evenly.  I then did a coat of Seche Vite to make sure it stayed smooth. 

Since I wanted a "true" matte finish, I grabbed my Butter London matte topcoat, and I needed two coats of that for even coverage, too. I detect a pattern here. 

The next issue I was worried about was how well my striping tape was going to work over the matte topcoat and whether it would pull off without damaging my finish. Most of the time I'll just freehand a french tip, but I was going a little wider this time and wanted to make sure they were perfectly straight.  I taped off all the fingers of my left hand and then did the tips with a coat of the SV. Once I finished the last finger, I went back and started pulling my tape. Success on all but my thumb. Dammit.

I finished off all nine fingers and then went back to try again on my left thumb.  It took me four re-do's to get that sucker to work. WTF? I did finally get it to stop ruining my night

Good thing or you'd be reading a second VOTD in the same post.  

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa. I was sick of it by the time I got home from work, tho.

      Delete
  2. I love it!!! Classy looking too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Probs a bit too classy for moi. lol

      Delete
  3. Looks good and I can tell it's purple. I actually pinned this exact same idea but in matte black with black gloss tip and another one in silver with a chrome tip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure I also have those same two pinned. The first one I
      ever saw like this was on Chloe's blog, Lincoln Park After Dark Matte
      with a gloss tip. Sharp as hell.

      Delete
    2. I have and totally love Lincoln Park...I actually have 2 bottles of it. What color for the tip though?

      Delete
    3. I have done the matte brown with the glossy tips after seeing someone post it. I like it Diane! I get bored with a mani after one day most of the time, but matte seems to always be a one day thing with me.

      Delete
  4. @M The Lincoln Park mani I like just used SV so it's basically just like this mani.
    And thanks, James...I so agree with you on anything matte. One day thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's Beautiful!!! that's what it IS!!! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog put a much needed smile on my face today. You seriously crack me up. Love the mani too! Thanks for the giggle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo, that put a smile on MY face!! Hope your day gets better, April!

      Delete