Friday, May 24, 2013

OOOOHH, AHHHHH, HOLO TIGER

So now what? I went to the hospital today for my EGD, completely looking forward to that lovely drug-induced nappy-nap I always get afterwards. I was also looking forward to waking up and actually being able to drink something. I can't tell you how many times I reached for my glass of Dr. Pepper at work today before remembering I wasn't allowed to drink anything. Poo.

All good to go; IV is in, doc-man comes in and sprays that so-called "cherry" spray in the back of my throat. I love how they call it cherry and in the same breath warn you how godawful shitty it tastes. Even though I know how bad it tastes because I've had it several times before, once they spray it I realize it is actually even worse than I remember.

Add the happy juice to my IV and off to sleepy bliss I go. I wake up, or what resembles awake, and they tell me they didn't do the EGD. Huh??  I guess that even though they doped me up twice, I wasn't "comfortable" and kept moving around and he couldn't get the scope in. Fan-effing-tastic. So I go next Thursday for my results. Um, what results would those be? I'm so confused by the entire sitch. I've had 3 of these before without problems, so wtf is going on here?  I guess that means they'll have to try again another day? And in the meantime I'll have no diagnosis and still a huge pain in my stomach. Woe is me.

At least I had cute nails for the nurses to ooo and ahhh over. Even the doc, who has the personality of a doorknob, commented on them.
Color Club Halo Hues Cherubic holographic holo Loreal Brit Invasion Ninja Polish DRK-A stamp
I just got this Loreal Brit Invasion last week. It's a really cool brown with a shimmer to it. I thought it would be fun to stamp with something holographic, Color Club Halo Hues Cherubic was my choice along with the DRK-A plate. I'm happy with it, mostly because I was having severe stomach pain last night, and this went really fast, which is what I needed.

So that's my bitch for Friday to go along with my mani. Hopefully I won't fell this crappy all weekend because I have stuff to do!

Enjoy the holiday weekend!

2 comments: