Sunday, May 5, 2013

FEELING KINDA' FESTIVE

As you know (if you've been reading), the other day was my blogiversary.  Yeah, yeah....not much of a blogiversary; it's only been one month. It's a pretty big deal to me, though. On google I have 106 followers, and I have 42 on Bloglovin'.  I'm wondering if that's a lot or a little in 30 days' time. Does anybody know the answer to that?

At any rate, I'm truly enjoying this little trek into this part of the webisphere. What I was not prepared for was the amount of time I'd be spending! Oddly enough, doing the actual blog is easy; it's the Instagram, the Facebook page and all of the various Facebook nail groups that I'm finding time-consuming. Damn, who knew nail polish was so exhausting! I sure didn't. lol
A big thanks to those of you that joined me here the other day and got me over that 100 google follower mark. It really made my day and put me in quite the good mood.

Time for a festive mani!! Woohoo! I dug through my stamping plates to see what I could come up with. I know it seems like I only use my DRK-A and DRK-B plates, but I actually do have around 40 other small ones. I love them all, but once I got these nails, the damn images are just too small. Makes  me saddy-pants.

After looking through them, I found a plate I bought from Messy Mansion, a wonderful company out of Australia. Shortly before Christmas I realized I didn't have a plan for holiday nails! Unacceptable!  I ordered a Christmas and a New Year's plate, and it just so happens that the New Year's one has cute little streamers on it. Just what the doctor ordered. You can check it out here, Messy Mansion, plate MM02.

There's no logic behind the colors I used other than the fact that I like them. My base is Sinful Colors Rain Storm...man, I love this color. And like all Sinfuls, it went on great. After a coat of Seche Vite, I stamped using Zoya Kristen, another great quality polish.

Super pleased with how this turned out. "I" happen to think it's fantabulous!

Got this up pretty late tonight. Went to my daughter's to watch the Munchkin's 8th grade musical and didn't get back home until after 11:00.

Tomorrow's post will probs be a bragfest where I say how great he was. If my video turned out, I may even post his best solo. You know, the one that made me cry, his mom cry, his grampa cry.....

Yeah. That one.   

14 comments:

  1. Happy blogiversary! Having over 100 in a month is awesome :) Really pretty manicure to celebrate the occasion too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! It's hard to know if it's doing good or not since I really
      have nothing to compare it to. :)

      Delete
  2. That is a festive mani. I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it does look fantabulous! I love that word! I've just stamped my nails and it didn't come out so neat, I notice you said you applied topcoat b4 stamping, is that better to do? My stamp seems to slip on my nails when I try to roll it across,smooshing things:-$ Any tips?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always do a topcoat of Seche Vite before stamping. It dries super fast and hard.
      If I don't topcoat the polish may slide or dent. Your stamper shouldn't slide as
      long as you apply enough pressure as you roll. Try that and see if it works. :)

      Delete
  4. Wow, your stamping is much better than mine...lol I can't seem to get the jest of it, either I don't press hard enough or it is off centre.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually surprised when I finished this and saw that I got them all pretty
      much in the same spot. I usually don't manage that. lol
      It really is all in the practice, though. When I first started I would have to
      redo nails before I'd get them all good enough.

      Delete
  5. I think it's awesome! I've been blogging since October and I'm only up to 34 followers. Your work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback, Julie. What is your blog?

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! It's Kick Acetone...
      http://kickacetone.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  6. ~~♥♥♥~~Love this mani sooo much but of course I love them all!! This one though is special though so CONGRATS on all your followers!!! The way you are going now you'll be up to 200 in no time!I love your work ! You are very creative and so flipping inspiring! Keep it up Girlie!!! =)~~♥♥♥~~ And,Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow....thanks, Judy!! That was really a sweet comment! <3

      Delete