Wednesday, February 18, 2015

TEEN MOMS

For many years, back before spring 2012 when I started this tiny nail obsession, I spent a few hours of each day entering sweepstakes. Not only did I enter for myself and Kev, I also entered for my girls, their hubbies and my ex husband. Translation - hours entering with 8 different email addresses.

While I realize this might sound even more insane than doing my nails every day, it provided some pretty amazing things over the years in the way of vacays and stuff. It gave Kev and I trips to New York,  Palm Springs, and a trip to Cabo.  The travel certificate I won we used to go to what became our fave place in Cancun. It also gave us a fantastic, one of a kind trip to LA to attend the Screen Actors Guild awards, and if you were watching it, you would have seen Kev on the red carpet. We stayed at the Four Seasons, had limo service the entire trip, dinners at a couple of the hottest restaurants, professional pics by People Magazine and not only walked that famous red carpet into the event, we had admittance to the after party where we schmoozed with the stars. To say it was amazing would be an understatement. I even had a professional hair person and a makeup person come to our room to get me all gussied up. Now that I typed all that, I just want to relive that experience all over again.

The same week we were notified of winning that trip, we were notified that we had won a ten day trip to Hawaii. Unfortunately, we had to either choose one or the other because Kev couldn't get the time off for both. We've also turned down a trip to the Dominican Republic. Two years ago I won us a trip to Vegas to stay at Caesar's and see Shania Twain during her opening weekend. I have the autographed guitar I got still boxed up in the closet.

I have completely digressed from what my point was to be. But if you're bored, go enter some sweepstakes. lol

Because I entered all of these sweepstakes over the years, I get a ridiculous number of emails every day. I'd say 99.9% of that is junk which I barely glance at before deleting.  As I glance, I read the so-called "news" headlines, and I'm using the word "news" loosely.

Even as a tv junkie that is unashamed to admit watching every episode of every Real Housewives show and just about any other reality show I can stuff onto my dvr, I want to know in what universe is "How the Teen Moms Spent Valentines Day" news? Shit....does/should that even count as "entertainment" news?

Every day I delete literally dozens of emails that are about any Kardashian or Jenner (puke), Bieber (puke), a ton of rappers or their "ladies" that nobody should ever care about (puke), and of course, Kanye, the biggest pukiest douchebag of all time.

I bet every one of you reading this remembers when entertainment news actually referenced people that had talent. I'm still waiting for somebody to explain to me what talent any Kardashian has that makes them even slightly entertaining. Unless, of course, you consider the "talent" Kim K. must have exhibited in that sex tape. 

And since when is becoming pregnant while still in high school considered entertaining? While I do realize that sometime people aren't careful and do get pregnant, what about that situation warrants a tv show and the resulting reality fame and income? If I'm not mistaken, I think a couple of them have now had more than one child. News flash, gals; science has pretty much cracked the code on how to get laid and not get preggers. Let's pretend you have enough brain power to blow the snot out of your own nose and then give you a child to raise. God help us all.

Methinks the world is going to hell in a hand basket. The whole thing just makes my stomach churn.

My brain hurts now.

This mani hurts my brain, too.
OPI My Paprika is Hotter than Yours, Konad white, DRK-C  stamp
I had a completely different plan in my head when I started this. I wanted to do a saran wrap orange/black with a white stamp on top, but I hated how the plastic wrap was making it look. Rather than fight with it, I gave up.

The orange is OPI My Paprika is Hotter than Yours, and I used Konad white for the DRK-C image.

I wore this for a day before doing the grey mani from yesterday's post. All day long at work Monday I just kept thinking how orange this is.

Maybe I'll wear just a plain mani tomorrow. I don't know. I have a few pretty dark holos I haven't worn yet. Can I be happy just wearing a color all by itself??

My brain hurts.

 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have had a lot of fun :)
    I like your mani :D

    ReplyDelete