Friday, January 9, 2015

THROW-AWAYS PART ONE

Feeling pretty blah today. When I finished up at work yesterday, I knew I was going home to take down the decorations. Even though I wasn't ready yet, I figured we'd better do it since Kev had to leave for work today and won't be back until Tuesday. Having them up until January 14th is too long even for me.

I was not looking forward to it, but I was extremely happy when I got here to find that Kev already had the tree down, almost all of the ornaments back in their boxes and also had quite a few other things already accomplished. That doesn't mean there still wasn't a lot to do, but he sure did a huge amount on his own.  I see all the time where women post about how their husbands are pretty much useless when it comes time for decorating and un-decorating, and I am fully aware of how lucky I am. That handsome guy I was lucky enough to marry does so much around here to make things easier for me. He is, in a word, amazing.

So now the house is un-Christmafied. I hate it. I love that it's clean, but I hate how blech everything looks now. Oh, well....only 11 more months until I can Christmafy it again. 

Once he had hauled all of the stuff back out to the garage, I set about cleaning. I still had some sweaters that had been under the tree so I tried those on so I could put them away. Luckily they all fit. Unluckily I guess I need to do another closet purge even though I just did one in October. I really don't have room in there for the 9 or 10 new things I got. Dammit!

The rest of the weekend is going to be lazy. I "might" readjust a couple of drawers in the Helmers; I "might" do a soak-off; I "might" do a water marble; or I "might" just do not a damn thing.

One thing I did do is decide to finally just knock out a blog post with a bunch of random mani's I've done in the past year that I never bothered to show. Hell, the red/green one is from October of 2013!

I'm not even going to say much about them. If I had the info for what I used, it's posted. If not, I guess I didn't even think they were worthy of keeping note.

American Apparel Downtown LA, Sinful Colors Black on Black, Llarowe LeaLac LLC-A Stamp
The red is American Apparel Downtown LA, and I used Sinful Colors Black on Black with the Llarowe LeaLac LLC-A Stamp.
Not a clue what the red or the green is. Custom Nail Solutions had asked for this way back in October 2013.
Urban Outfitters Mermaid, white DRK-D stamp
There's nothing wrong with this green one. I guess I must have done something better after it that I wanted to post first. The green is Urban Outfitters Mermaid with a design from the DRK-D stamping plate.

DRK-D snakeskin stamp
Just a snakeskin from DRK-D over some random tan.
Sinful Colors Cupids Arrow, Nicole by OPI Back to Reality...TV, MoYou Pro XL 03
I probs didn't bother posting this one because I couldn't get a good picture. Sinful Colors Cupids Arrow stamped with MoYou Pro XL 03 and Nicole by OPI Back To Reality....TV.
Sinful Colors Boom Boom, Black on Black, DRK-A stamp
This one I actually remember doing. It was the night I went to karaoke a couple of months ago, and I was in a huge hurry. And it shows. The pink is Sinful Colors Boom Boom with Black on Black and DRK-A used for the stamp.

Even after posting these, I still have 5 or 6 more that I haven't posted. I'm thinking if I can get these damn things out of my drafts pile, I can pretend they never happened in the first place.

 


4 comments:

  1. Nice manis, Diane... and I like them even if you don't... I even like the shorter nails!!!!! They are just a perfect length without being "too" long... JMO... so ignore me! hahahahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous designs as always Diana. I always like your nails. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete