Tuesday, March 10, 2015

JUST A QUICKIE

Tuesday felt like Monday. Normally Mondays are my catchup day after getting off work at noon on Thursday. We've been so busy lately that it took me until almost the end of the day to be caught up.

I have conflicting feelings about this. On the one hand, being non-stop busy can make the day go by faster. On the other hand, I miss having down time where I can do other things. Important stuff....like blogging.

It's also kind of curious to me that according to the bossman in December of 2013, he should be retired now. Which would also mean I should be retired now. Somehow "retiring" turned into being busier than we were before. It's weird. Somehow I feel like in ten years I will still be able to write this exact same first three paragraphs. 

He's been talking retirement off and on for years, and I just don't think it's ever going to happen.

On a nice note, though, tomorrow is Wednesday which is now my new Friday. He also told me today that it's possible I won't actually have to work full days on Wednesdays. In any event, having a guaranteed four day weekend is something I'm sure I'll like.

I tried something last night that just wasn't working out, and it was too late to fight with it, so I just threw this on.

Orly Sweet Peacock, Bundle Monster BM XL08 stamp
This is a pretty blue, Orly Sweet Peacock. I don't think I've used any kind of animal print stamp since I first started doing my nails, so I used the leopard print from the Bundle Monster XL08 plate.

It is what it is. What was in my head was better than this, but this got me through the day.  The mail lady liked it. So that counts for something. Of course, she also always says "hi, beautiful" when she brings the mail. And then we have a mini bitch session about the weather, and off she goes.  So she's a keeper!

And on that note, I'm going to eat a Rice Krispie treat and watch some Real Housewives.

The perfect end to a very decent evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment