Thursday, November 13, 2014

MIGHT HAVE MY GROOVE BACK

My name might not be Stella, but I for sure am feeling like I've got my nail groove back. I've been feeling actual enthusiasm about manicures the past few days.  I find myself pondering what to do often during the day, just like I used to. I'm even spending some time wandering the interwebs looking for ideas.

It's been nice. It makes me feel like I'm back to normal. It dawned on me today that last year on this date I had my shoulder surgery. I guess it was at that point that my nail obsession took a hit. It took awhile for my shoulder to be well enough to really make the effort, and by then I was just in a slump about life in general because of the new work sitch, the holidays and frustration about having an arm that didn't work right.

That slump just got extended right on into what I'll call the "puppy months". So now I'm back in "let's do nails" mode. I don't know if that means I'll do them every day, but I'm sure going to be doing them more than once or twice a week.

AND I'm not just going to always do the lazy mani's. I'm going to put some actual effort into them.

Case in point, last night I did another water marble. 
Fresh Paint Coconut Kiss, Sally Hansen CSM Himalayan Blue, Sinful Colors Cream Soda and Cool Gray water marble
I don't even remember the last time I did one of these marbles. I made sure to start before 9 p.m. because I thought for sure I'd screw some up and have to re-do them.

I started off with Fresh Paint Coconut Kiss for the base and then marbled with that along with Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Himalayan Blue, Sinful Colors Cream Soda and Sinful Colors Cool Gray.

Not gonna' lie; I'm pretty proud of the fact that I didn't have to re-do any. Not a single one. It turned out to be one of the easier marbles I've probably ever done.

Some days things just work. It was nice that it went so well, and that might have something to do with my new-found enthusiasm. Oh, and I like it, so that doesn't hurt, either!

I can't decide if I want to take it off and do something else tonight or not. Even though it did see the light of day when I went to work this morning, maybe I should leave it on for when I head up to the car dealership tomorrow. I'm dropping off my car so it can be rustproofed, and they have to install the remote starter which, in some confusing way that I won't get into, did not get installed at the factory.

And anytime I'm in Marquette, that means shopping. I'm not missing an opportunity to go to a Target or a TJ Maxx, and I'm also going to pop into the Ulta store to see if they have any good deals since a friend of mine just posted the other day that she got 5 polishes for 5 bucks. 

Even a person that doesn't need polish (in other words, me) can't pass up a deal like that.




No comments:

Post a Comment