Tuesday, November 25, 2014

IT'S A 2-FER TODAY!

I'm happy to say that the Parrot Polish from the other day, Curcubeu, wore very well throughout a full day of tapping away on my computer. Nice.

Before I put it to that test I did stamp some snowflakes on it Sunday night. Unfortunately that must have been a hint to Mother Nature because the 43 degrees and rain that got rid of almost all of the snow in my yard turned into 20 degrees and about 8 inches of snow.

I'm staying away from the snowflake stamps for awhile.
Parrot Polish  Surcubeu, MoYou Festive 04 stamp, snowflake
After I did these, I was sorry for it. I never should have covered up Curcubeu. I should have just waited to use snowflakes until I had changed polish. The great holo and color change did still show up around the snowflakes, though, and that was kinda' cool.  The snowflake pattern is from my MoYou Festive 04 plate.

Even though it did still look great last evening, I just felt like marbling. I thought it might be fun to do a two-tone marble, one where I don't try for any specific pattern like I normally would.

This is what I ended up with.
China Glaze Coconut Kiss, Sally Hansen black water marble
That pretty purple is China Glaze Coconut Kiss. I just used one of the cheap Sally Hansen blacks for the marble.

I am loving how this turned out. I've been looking at it a lot today. It also made for a very fast marble since I didn't really care what the design was. Funsies!!
I'd probably better think of something to do with them tonight. Tomorrow night Tyler will be home for Thanksgiving with Griffin and Zero. While Griff goes to bed and is also old enough to let me play with my nails, Zero is not quite so helpful.  So it's tonight or not at all until the weekend.

I think we all know I do not want to still be wearing this come Sunday. Puh-leeze.

On a sad note, one of my friends had to help ease one of her precious Goldens on to Rainbow Bridge today. Cooper fathered many puppies, and there are a lot of good genes floating around out there in the form of some beautiful dogs.

He was well-loved, not just by his human family, but from what I've seen, by every person that ever had the pleasure of his company.
Cancer claims another Golden gem.

Run healthy, happy and free, sweet Cooper!! Although many are shedding tears today, you've left a trail of happy memories in your wake. 

And you're going to have a grand old time with your buddies!!!




6 comments:

  1. Oh, Diane.... thank you for including Cooper .... he will be missed so very much... he has been a major player in our family for close to 12 years... Run Free... find your girls.. I never had to remind him to play nice, as he always always did!!! <3 As for the manis... can't wait to get my Parrot Polish... and the marbling is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I included Cooper! He's been on all of our minds for weeks now, and that darling boy deserves mentioning. Love you, my friend! <3

      Delete
  2. Ohh...sorry to hear about the loss of your friend's dog Cooper.

    I think this is one of the best marbles I've seen. Just love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to say something on this post before, but I think Google hates me and didn't post what I said.

    First reading Cooper's epitaph made me tear up, the death of a great hearted dog always makes me sad.

    Second, I absolutely love both of the manis, but especially the marble. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dave!! I was happy with that marble. :)

      Delete