Sunday, November 9, 2014

GRADIENT + WATER MARBLE = WIN

Weekend's over. Back to work tomorrow. Blech.

There's also a winter storm watch starting tomorrow, too. I'm hoping it's going to miss me here in Escanaba, the lovely banana belt of the Upper Peninsula. There was a smidge of snow on the ground this morning, and it was snowing when I ran to the store, but thankfully it melted.

I did go to the bar Friday night, and when I was standing outside smoking heard some voices calling my name. Then I heard a voice yell, "Gramma Diane". As it turns out, my grandson was next door. My ex's sons were at his place for the weekend, and they had driven to Marinette to pick him up for the weekend. I chatted with them for a few minutes, and they said they'd come out to visit.
 
I was surprised last night when they actually did come out. Right when they got there, they mentioned that they should have brought Razzie out to visit. I told them that would have been nice, but no big deal. They insisted on driving back into town to get him. I just thought that was super sweet of them.
 
So off they went and came back 20 minutes later, puppy in tow. Obvi I was pretty happy with that sitch. And it was nice to have the boys here for a couple hours. Of course I'm always happy to see Treyson, but I also really do enjoy having Tim's boys around. They're always very nice to me, and his youngest never fails to tell me how much he likes my house because it feels cozy and warm. Adorable coming from an 8th grader.
 
Today was nice because I decided I would actually do nails and take the time to really "do" something.  It's also teal week in the nail group, and I'm playing along.
China Glaze Re-Fresh Mint, Loreal Now You Sea Me, Sinful Colors Blue Crushin gradient water marble
I thought it might be fun to do a gradient and then water marble over it. It's actually the second time I've done this method in the past month. I just haven't gotten around to showing the other one yet.

My gradient for this one, from light to dark, is China Glaze Re-Fresh Mint, Loreal Now You Sea Me and Sinful Colors Blue Crushin.  For the marble I had to use clear with my white.

Finding a clear that will work in a water marble is torture. I don't have many clear polishes, and none of them were working. As a last ditch attempt, I tried doing it with my Seche Vite topcoat, never figuring it would work since it's a fast dry polish.  But it did! While I'm not a fan of wasting my SV, I'll probably use it from now on when I need a clear for a marble.

I must be feeling back to normal as far as nails because they are back on my mind, and I'm wandering around the web looking for ideas again.  It feels kind of nice to be doing that.
 
Maybe I'll even do something else tomorrow night! I don't even remember the last time I did my nails two days in a row, but I'm going to feel pretty accomplished if I do.
 
I'm hoping that's what happens. I'd really like to get back into blogging more than once or twice a week. Hopefully you'll like if that happens, too.
 
And if not, don't say anything to me about it. What I don't know works just fine for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment