Monday, November 4, 2013


Hopefully you all had a fun Halloween and weekend. Mine was full of that oh-so-cute grandson of mine, Griffin. He just gets funnier with every visit. I got lots of smooches and hugs and I loves you's this time around. The last time he was here he was kind of in that "I'm not hugging or kissing anybody" frame of mind. I much preferred this visit for that. 

He also now automatically assumes that I'll have a surprise in my hand for him when he comes. It's my own fault because the last few times he got here I gave him a new Hot Wheel. Guess I'll need to always have some on hand. I'm sure as hell not going to disappoint him; I'm the g-ma! 

Still playing mouse games at the old homestead. There were a couple of times over the weekend when I'd hear him and then find the trap open, food gone, no mouse. Last night when I was laying in bed I could have sworn I heard him and thought I also heard the trap click shut. I decided he could wait until this morning even though I knew I was running the risk of the little bugger escaping. I just didn't care enough to go look.

So this morning one of the first things I did was check the traps. Nope. No sign of anything.  I must have been hearing things last night.  Once I got ready for work I was sitting in the living room and started hearing noises. Went to the cupboard, and sure enough, closed trap. And this time there was a mouse inside! Yay! I put the closed trap inside a bowl, snapped a cover on it and let him go for a ride in the car on my way to work. I stopped about a mile from my house where there's a parking lot. I opened my car door and put the bowl on the ground and let him out. So funny how he scurried off. I watched him head off into the woods, probably very happy to have had a meal and to now be free again. 

As far as I know, that should be it. I don't think there are any others hanging around. I haven't heard any in the walls anymore. So now maybe my kitchen can get back to normal. I'll leave the traps for a few more days, but I'm hoping the fun is over.

After doing the Halloween mani's, it was hard to think of anything to do to my nails. It also is a bit harder when Griffin is home, and Tyler had friends in and out the entire week, too. I did manage to do this one but only kept it for a day.
Julep Rachel, Essie Mirror Penny Talk, Ninja Polish DRK-C stamp
It's pretty enough; it's just kind of a snooze-fest. I wish I could think of something spectacular to do.  This brown was in my monthly Maven box from Julep, and its name is Rachel. I stamped over that using my Ninja Polish DRK-C stamp and Essie Mirror Effects Penny Talk.

Not bad; just not impressive. I want to impress, dammit!

I'm afraid that's it for today, gang. It's time to go home, and I have the feeling like I may just doze off when I get there. Sleeping has been better the past few nights now that I have the pain pills, but it still isn't great. 




  1. I luuurve it! Not a snooze fest at all, I want! Essie Penny Talk was one of my Essie picks for my free 10 bottles!

    1. I've said it before, and I'll say it again...those mirror polishes are the bombdiggity for stamping. :)

  2. This is so awesome - definitely NOT boring!

  3. I am always impressed by your stamping skills. Does that count? ;)
    I love that pattern!