Tuesday, November 26, 2013

A MANI FOR JULES

I'm pretty sure that in the past I've mentioned the many wonderful people I've met online either through the nail or Golden Retriever communities, all starting 3 1/2 years ago when I got Tinlee. In that time, they have become some of the most important people in my life. Some I've had the pleasure of meeting in person, and others simply take the time to share their joys, their sorrows and their lives with me. They allow me to do the same and have shown  kindness to me in many different ways.

One of these beautiful people is MJ. I first encountered her via our mutual love of Goldens, and she owns two gems, Jazz and Jules. They even have their own Facebook page!  She has never failed to make me smile with the pictures she posts. She even got sucked into the nail community so I get double doses of her.

Sadly, in what seems to be the blink of an eye, Jules went from seeming fine to a cancer diagnosis that took him from MJ, Larry and Jazz just a few days ago. Just as that filthy scum of a disease took my Shannie from me too young at age 8, it took Jules just a little shy of 7 years old.  Shocking does not begin to describe it. Devastating does not begin to describe it. There simply are no words.  

Once again a group of people from all over the country who have never met sobbed together for a beloved furbaby we didn't have the pleasure of ever seeing in person. The tears flow again as I do this post. Once again Kevin looked over at me like I'm a crazy person as I dissolved into gulping sobs that didn't even allow me to speak to tell him what was wrong. I hate it. I could throw out a bunch of expletives here to emphasize how much I hate it, but I'll spare you the many four letter words I use when this happens.

I'm sure there are many who think it's ridiculous to get so worked up. Those of you who have pets that they love will not think it's ridiculous. It's a fact of life for us; we love our pets with the same depth that we love our people. Yes, perhaps it is a different kind of love, but that loss is felt just as strongly. They are our family. If you don't "get it", I think that's your loss because you're missing out on a bond that only can happen between a pet and their human. 

I'll get off my soapbox now. The purpose of this post is simply to show my love and sympathy.  I'm sincerely hoping MJ won't mind that I've stolen a few pictures of Jules for this post; it was done with love.

This is Jules....such a handsome boy.
Here are some of the many smiles that were given to so many over the years. It was just a couple of weeks ago that I had shared these with the hubby.
And this is one of the most hauntingly beautiful pictures I think I have ever seen, taken only a month ago. Beautiful Jules, absolutely bathed in what to me looks like a heavenly light. This one makes me cry when I look at it.
And finally, what I could manage as a mani that wasn't just plain using my gimpy arm. Not nearly as special as I would like, but it was done with love nonetheless.
Frederick's of Hollywood Starlet, Out the Door Northern Lights Gold topcoat, puppy paw prints
The gold is a polish I got online from Frederick's of Hollywood, Starlet and then I used Out the Door Northern Lights holographic topcoat in Gold before adding the puppy pawprints.

And now that I've one-handed typed this, I'm off to throw some cold water on my face and dry my eyes. Again.

You were loved by many, Jules!












10 comments:

  1. Way too many leaking eyes lately. If gallons of tears could only bring them back....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding. It's getting so I'm afraid to open the laptop lately.

      Delete
  2. Diane, what a lovely tribute to a magnificent golden!!! He was loved by many...and will be so missed ... My heart just aches for MJ and Larry as they grieve for their boy.... Those of us who "get it" know how they are feeling and pray for peace as they adjust to live without their beloved Jules.... R.I.P. Orange Julius....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know there are a bunch of us that can't stop thinking about it. I hope she doesn't mind that I did this; I just felt like I really wanted to do something in memory of him.

      Delete
  3. Totallly get it and I am teary myself... Love my "girls," all five rescued beauties. You put it well and simply: they are family. My condolences to MJ and to you as well. Maria (hailing from a small farm in Uruguay)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maria! Nice that you stopped by and commented :)

      Delete