Wednesday, April 30, 2014

MURPHY'S LAW, a/k/a MY LIFE IN A NUTSHELL

Ahhhh, it's just a never ending thing. I arrived home from work to find....A SHOWER!! They weren't finished, and they were still working until almost 8 p.m. That's dedication. 

We were told that it's the hardest shower installation they've ever done. I'm sure they were surprised by that. I, however, was not. They came back this morning to finish trimming out around it, and I have to say, it looks fantastic, all white and shiny and new. I'm not going to post pics yet because it still looks hideous around the base. We have to do some work with that. Well, by "we", I mean Kevin. And then I have to have the flooring dude come out to see if we should have the floor tile extend up to cover the few inches that need covering or if the subway tile would be better.

Add another couple hundred bucks to the flooring guy! I'll more than likely want to puke when I find out the total for the shower install. They originally estimated $500, but since it was so very difficult, that'll probably double. We've gotten to the point now where we don't even shiv a git. Just effing finish it.

Kev was the first one to take a shower after they left. He came out and the first thing he said was, "We have a problem." OMG. Are you joking??? He then tells me we either have hot water or cold water. No warm. Well, isn't that fantastic! Murphy's Law strikes again.  Luckily he was able to figure it out. Somehow they had managed to put the plumbing on the inside of the shower upside down. Good Lord....who does that??

Friday morning they'll be out to install the air conditioning. I wonder what will go wrong with that.

In the meantime, having Griffin around has been fun. Kev has been taking a beating! Of course, he could always say no when Griff wants to jump on his belly. And I do mean "jump". He runs around him, jumps up and keeps right on moving.
I get the better end of the deal. He wanted me to cuddle when I got home from work.
Tinlee makes out pretty good, too.
He was sitting on my lap watching tv when he grabbed my hand and asked me to show him my nails. So adorable when he said, "Oooo, those are really cute!" Quite the character.

This isn't the mani I was wearing at the time. Who knows, maybe he would have hated this one and called 'em ugly. lol
Julep Shenae, Barielle Date Night, Ninja Polish DRK-C stamp, St. Patrick's Day mani
I'm not sure if I had any kind of a reason for this one. It was back in March so maybe it was a half-assed St. Patrick's Day thing. The light green is Julep Shenae, and the Ninja Polish DRK-C stamp was done with Barielle Date Night.

Unimpressed.

I'm trying to think of something to do with them tonight. Probably something in a sad, gloomy color because Tyler, Bob and Griffin are heading back to Illinois tomorrow.

I hate when that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment