Tuesday, July 21, 2015

OPI DS - ALWAYS A GOOD HOLO

This slump is hitting me even harder than I thought it was. I reapplied my nails last Thursday and didn't even bother to paint them until Sunday. And even then it was just a paint job, no design.

In all fairness to the slump, I did have a busy weekend. I got Razzie on Friday afternoon, and he keeps me busy because he wants to play. 

Then because it was absolutely beautiful outside, on Saturday I invited Seven and her owners for a pool day/puppy play date. They came out and we all spent the day outside visiting and playing in the pool with the dogs. 

That was so fun, we all did it again on Sunday afternoon. The amount of dog hair that was contributed to the pool was outrageous. Even though we were skimming it out all day long, it still managed to block up my salt water system and put it into a low flow error code frenzy. I was out there in the dark on Saturday night trying to determine where the problem was. I honestly didn't think it could be the dog hair because I had put in a brand new filter late in the afternoon and cleaned every portal I could find. As it turns out, I missed a spot, so at midnight I dug around in the dark and pulled out enough hair to make a puppy. Problem solved.

Solved until Sunday night when the same thing happened again. Luckily my new pool vacuum will be here sometime today, and I can't wait to try that thing out. My old vacuum has to have the hose attached and adds cold water to the pool. This new one doesn't need a hose because it has a rechargeable battery. Hopefully it will help keep things a bit cleaner.

One bad thing about all that pool time is the fact that Baylee, even with her not so great hips, decided she could go up and down those stairs to go swim. I think she went 3 or 4 times altogether, but by yesterday, her back end was giving her a lot of pain, and she could barely walk. After a day of taking it easy, pain pills, and a good night's sleep, she seems to be quite a bit better today. And as I type this, Kev is in the garage making a new stair system for her, one that won't be such a steep incline. I'm hoping that will make it easier for her and not cause her hips to get sore. I'll feel bad if she can no longer get her swim on. 

Here's the plain mani I did on Sunday night.

OPI DS Signature, Mundo de Unas black, MoYou Fashionista 04 stamp
It actually wasn't so bad. It is a holo, after all. This one is OPI DS Signature. I forget I have a few of those DS polishes. They really are gorgeous.

Then last night I was planning to take this off and actually "do" something, but instead I spent time outside watering the garden and then sat for a bit with the hummingbirds, even though the little brats wouldn't stop and eat while I held the feeder.

By the time I sat down to mess with my nails, it was after 10 p.m., so I decided I would just grab my black Mundo de Unas and stamp right over it.
OPI DS Signature, Mundo de Unas black, MoYou Fashionista 04 stamp
I chose this design from the MoYou Fashionista 04 stamping plate. It looked pretty cool with the matte black so I decided to take a pic.

And then I made the mistake of topcoating.
OPI DS Signature, Mundo de Unas black, MoYou Fashionista 04 stamp
Don't get me wrong, it's perfectly fine with a topcoat. I just wish I would have left it dull. I think it looked groovier that way, and it felt pretty groovy, too. My fear was that maybe the black would chip off if left without a topcoat.

I'm hoping that tonight I can motivate and take this off. If I could actually think of an idea for a mani, I'm sure I'd make the effort, but lately I just sit and think and don't come up with any ideas. Even when I wander the web looking for ideas, nothing is tempting me.

Hell, even choosing a color has been problematic lately. I don't know what would jumpstart my creativity, but I wish something would.

7 comments:

  1. It's nice...either with or without the stamp...with or without the topcoat!!! Nice polish!!! NOT boring... :o) Glad you had a good weekend with the puppers, too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could have used a matte topcoat even after the shiny one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually did consider that, but I wanted the pink holo to still be shiny.

      Delete
  3. I have the same color, but with another company Born Pretty Store and Sally Hansen

    I love this colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you considered joining a nail art challenge? There are quite a few groups on Facebook that do weekly & monthly challenges that use Inklinkz to hook all the blogs participating together. I do a weekly one through Crumpet's Nail Tarts & a monthly through the Hobby Polish Bloggers. Both force me to think outside my normal mani comfort zone & plan ahead. I find inspiration in them that carries over into my regular manis. :)

    ReplyDelete