Monday, July 27, 2015

MINTY FRESH

After a damn near perfect weekend, it's actually painful to have to work. If life could be the way I want it to be, I would never have to work if the sun is out and it's over 70 degrees. Right now just thinking about the pool with water that is probs 90 right now is driving me crazy. When I went home at lunchtime I'm going to guess and say it was probably 92 degrees in my back yard. Do I want to be inside in a nice air-conditioned office? NOPE!

Lisa, Laura and two of the kids came out yesterday afternoon for some pool time and to drop off Seven. Today is Laura's birthday, and they wanted to go out of town to celebrate so of course I offered to keep her until Tuesday. As much as Seven loves the pool, she loves it even more when her kids or Laura are in it with her. She always makes sure to swim by every one of us at least once during her laps around. So cute.

I may have to do something highly unusual and go in the pool after I get home at 5 o'clock. Normally I don't see the point in going in the pool if I'm not in the sun, but poor Seven has been dying to go swimming ever since I covered it up yesterday. She keeps going partway up the stairs to try to get in. Whether I go in or not, if Kev hasn't taken her in this afternoon, I'm going to have to make the effort and uncover it for her. She loves it so much! Not only that, it will make her take a break from shoving every dog ball in my lap every 3 seconds. She has much more energy than I'm used to. Even after all of the swimming yesterday she wasn't tired at all. I think she only laid down for about 15 minutes right up until I went to bed at 12:30. She didn't stay in bed with me, either.....no clue where she slept. Within 5 minutes of me getting up at 6:15 she once again was shoving that toy in my face and then cried when I took a shower. What a baby.

I actually did my nails for the weekend. I didn't have any reason to, but I did them anyway.
China Glaze Too Yacht to Handle, Mundo de Unas White, LeaLac LLC-B stamp
This is such a pretty green, China Glaze Too Yacht to Handle. I will say that as much as I like the color, I did  not appreciate the application on this one. I had to do three coats, and the third one I did fairly thick to prevent bald spots. I hate when polishes do that. I used Mundo de Unas White and a pattern off of the LeaLac LLC-B stamping plate that I don't think I've used before.

Right now that's kind of my goal; use some designs I haven't tried before. I'm a terrible creature of habit, and I tend to lean towards the same colors and designs over and over again. That's the one flaw with stamping plates. I'll get a plate to get several designs that I want but then there are a bunch of other weird-ass ones I know I'll never use.

I even decided to do my nails again last night. Seven wasn't very helpful, which slowed me down considerably, but I did manage to get them done with nothing knocked over, spilled and no stray pieces of dog hair landing on my wet nails.

If I had a dollar for every time a piece of dog hair screwed up my nails, I could probably retire.



6 comments:

  1. Mint green is good... nice mani!!! Sounds like you are BUSY with Seven!!! hahaha Puppies!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's just say Seven is very active. LOL
      But she is such a sweetheart!

      Delete
  2. I understand the pet hair. After I've painted my nails, I end up with dog hair or cat hair in them. I've also thought my nails were dry and gone to bed - then got up the next morning with my hair imprinted on my nails. Drives me crazy!

    ReplyDelete