Wednesday, July 15, 2015

I'LL NEVER LEARN

I can just feel myself slipping into a not wanting to do my nails slump. I'm feeling just pretty slumpish in general for reasons I won't go into. And yes, I have now deemed "slumpish" to be a word.

Hopefully I'll be feeling in a better mood when August is over. Until then, I'm seriously forcing myself to do just about anything.

This one is no exception. I once again started it way too late at night. When it was done and disliked, it was just too late to start over or try to make corrections.
Zoya Amminah, Mundo de Unas White, OPI Sheer Tint Be Magentale With Me, FUN 13 stamp
The "idea" was to do a neutral base with some stamping, and then do something sheer on top of it. It is actually exactly what I did; it just didn't look like I hoped it would.

I started with a base of Zoya Amminah, which I then stamped on with Mundo de Unas White and my Fab Ur Nails FUN 13 plate. Once that was dry, I added two coats of OPI Sheer Tint Be Magentale With Me.

I found that the OPI didn't go on very evenly, and even after two coats, I could see darker and lighter sections of pink. Maybe a third coat would have taken care of the issue, but it was just too late to try that.

What's even sadder about disliking this is the fact that I ended up wearing it for two whole work days. I finally made time to remove it last night. And I was shocked at how difficult that sheer tint was to remove! I probably should have wrapped my fingers with tinfoil to help move things along, but I was in the middle of a long text conversation and didn't want to be rude and end the convo.

I had to rub so hard I actually managed to pop off a thumbnail. That really did not make me any happier than I already was. I do plan on hopefully doing a reapplication this weekend, but that doesn't mean I wanted to spend time fixing just one. Lame.

After monkeying around with that forever, I barely had time to paint them. I did manage that, but I didn't get to actually do anything else other than a color. 

Boring.

5 comments:

  1. Well, it's pink...what did you expect! ... sorry your day, week. month isn't going better!!! Hope you feel better soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, my anti-pink friend. Thanks for the good thoughts.

      Delete
  2. Hope your mood changes soon. I know how that can be. I've found myself wanting to do my nails again. But no time to d I them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your mood changes soon. I know how that can be. I've found myself wanting to do my nails again. But no time to d I them!

    ReplyDelete