Sunday, July 12, 2015

A PERFECT CORAL

I'm going to go ahead and call it even though technically the weekend isn't over. It was a damn near perfect one. The weather was gorgeous for plenty of pool time, and Kev's schedule changed so he came home Saturday afternoon instead of being gone until tonight. So we got pool time together, which doesn't actually happen very often.

One thing that's not perfect is the fact that my hummingbirds aren't being very friendly. I sat outside for an hour tonight, and even though I had a few come close, nobody stopped to eat. I guess I haven't been out there enough recently. They seem to have forgotten me. I didn't get a very good look at any of them so maybe they aren't my usual suspects. I know the male that came close didn't look familiar, at least not from the quick glimpse I got. Time for me to start making more of an effort, I guess.

Awhile back one of my nail friends thought it would be completely appropriate to post a pic of a nail polish that she knew I'd have to have. And once she did, I discovered it would be next to impossible to get it.

I'm completely obsessed with coral/peach polishes. Always have been. I've mentioned it on more than one occasion in my nail group, so Martha from Polish Makes Me Happy made sure to tag me when she posted her pic.

After I ranted about how much I wanted it, she added me to a Facebook group. From there I was hoping I would luck into somebody getting rid of one of these.  I guess it was a custom color, and I don't know that it was even available to the general public.

Someone did finally post that they had one for sale, but of course I missed out on it, and so did Martha. After that I kind of figured I'd never be lucky enough to own it.

Then two weeks ago I got a package in the mail from someone I didn't know. I didn't remember ordering anything, but it wouldn't be the first time I forgot I bought something. I open the package, and what did I find? THIS!
Carpe Noctem Immoral Coral, Mundo de Unas white, Ali Express AP-10 stamp
This is IT! Simply one of the most beautiful corals ever, Carpe Noctem Immoral Coral. That little stinker Martha somehow managed to snag one and surprise me with it. How sweet is she??

I wore this on July 2nd on its own, and then on July 3rd I stamped on it.
Carpe Noctem Immoral Coral, Mundo de Unas white, Ali Express AP-10 stamp
I know it wasn't a 4th of July holiday mani, but I just didn't want to take it off to do red, white and blue. I went with the Ali Express AP-10 plate with Mundo de Unas white to give it a little sumthin' extra. 

Not sure what I did to deserve the giftage, but to say I was tickled would be an understatement. When I got it, I swatched it immediately and then left it sitting next to me for days until using it. I didn't even want to put it away. I just kept picking it up and looking at it.

And now I'm sitting here with nails that need to be painted. If I don't get an idea in my head pretty quickly, I may end up going to work with just a color and no design. I don't really want that to happen, so I'm off to hopefully find some inspiration.

7 comments:

  1. Aww... I'm so glad that you like it!! Like you said, it is THE PERFECT coral!!! I wore it for a few days, and just could not stop staring at it!!! And, for the record... I didn't miss out on that first sale... hee hee... I just told the seller that it was a secret!!!!!!!! <3 haha And did she put a note in there with it???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, aren't you just a little sneaky-sneakerson!! Yes, there was a note. To be perfectly honest, I was so excited about the polish I don't remember what it said. <3

      Delete
  2. Well, I can't remember just what I told her to write...something about Queen Bitch! haha :) I'm glad you like it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really pretty coral. Some times a color is so pretty you don't want to stamp it(at least the first day).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly how I felt. And when I did stamp on it, I was annoyed because the stamp covered it up too much. lol

      Delete
  4. This colour is very intresting!!!
    I like this manicure.

    ReplyDelete