Saturday, May 2, 2015

PRETTY STUFF

There are few things better than a weekend with nice, semi-warmish, sunny weather. Except for a weekend with nice 80+ degree, sunny weather. For now I'll be happy with the 60'ish sunny weather. This is Northern Michigan, after all. It just feels good to have the front door and the patio door open with all that lovely fresh air coming in.
I was so mad that my waspinator blew away. I told Kev about it, and being the wonderful guy that he is, a little while later he came walking up the driveway with it. He took a stroll down the neighbor's driveway and found it. He also hung it up in the back yard and secured the one on the garage. Those suckers won't be blowing anywhere anytime soon.
He also ran to Menard's for me and got me another shepherd's hook. I decided to get another one and take the bird feeder off of the garage. I don't want to grow bird seed this year. I also needed it so I'd have a place to hang the hummingbird spinner I bought in Mexico last fall, too. I sprayed that so it won't rust and finally got to hang it. It's super cute, and I love it.
It's actually much prettier in person. The colors are more shimmery than it looks here.
I did this mani a few weeks ago. After my usual battle with getting a good picture of purple with my camera, I decided to try my phone instead. It did a perfect job this time around. I'm not sure why sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. So frustrating.
Sally Hansen CSM I Lilac You, China Glaze Tart-y for the Party, Sinful Colors Verbena, Sinful Colors Amethyst, Uber Chic 1-02 stamp
I started with Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure I Lilac You for the lavender base. Then I used my Uber Chic 1-02 plate and stamped over it with China Glaze Tart-Y for the Party, Sinful Colors Verbena and Sinful Colors Amethyst. 

I loved this one. In person, the three different stamping colors showed up much better than they do here. I would for sure do something like this again.

Now I'm off to spend some time playing tv catchup with the hub. He got home yesterday afternoon and is leaving at the ass-crack of dawn tomorrow.

Sometimes being married to a pilot kind of blows. It would be so much easier if I didn't like him.

1 comment:

  1. I was looking at that mani, trying to see the three colors, then read the paragraph that says they don't show up too well in the picture... guess that's why I don't see all three colors! haha It IS gorgeous though!!! Dollar Tree had humming bird yard decorations... just cute little spikey things... $1 each... I didn't buy them, but thought of you when I saw them! :)

    ReplyDelete