Tuesday, May 26, 2015

A BIT OF STRIPING TAPE

Oh, man....it is going to be very, very quiet at my house when I go home. Seven the pup went home last evening, and my daughter headed back to Illinois with Zero today.

Last night I had Seven's owners and their kids, and then my two "almost" daughters came over with their kids. That's a whole lotta' people and dogs crammed into my living room. Everybody seemed to be having a nice time even though the dogs were wound and so were the kids. I'm not used to so much activity!!

At least I won't be completely alone this evening because Kev got home last night, too. I'm pondering whether or not I should see if he wants to go out for dinner. I'm so exhausted from not great sleep over the weekend that cooking does not appeal. Not that it ever does.

I did manage to sneak in a mani on Sunday night, and I even managed to not have anything disastrous happen with the puppies running around. Those 10 months olds are quite a bit bigger than their momma now so when they play, you never know what'll get knocked over.

It's been quite some time since I did anything with striping tape.
Sally Hansen Color Foil Sterling Silver, Darling Diva Queen of the Night, BEWBS!!, Nightbird, striping tape, holo
I began this with two coats of Sally Hansen Color Foil Sterling Silver. I did topcoat it before applying striping tape, and in each section I used a Darling Diva holo, Queen of the Night, BEWBS!! and Nightbird.
 
I thought it might look kinda' cool if I did sections with holos. Turns out I was correct. I've been doing so many light colors lately it was kind of nice to play with these.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again; if you don't have any of the Darling Diva holo polishes, get 'em! They really are nice, and I only needed one coat for these. I'm a fan of anything that only needs one coat. Such a time saver.

Although I am usually more than willing to spend a ton of time on a mani, sometimes it's nice to have a smidgeon of a shortcut.


2 comments: