Thursday, August 8, 2013

SNAKESKIN (no, not real)

Today is my 15th anniversary of marrying the best hubster ever. He's a keeper, obviously.  Tonight I won't be doing my nails, as we're having some friends over to grill out some meat.
 
In the meantime, I scrolled through some of my older pics and found one that somehow seemed appropriate given the fact that I still can't get that poor stupid little snake out of my head. Weird.
 
The picture isn't the greatest. When I look back at my older photos, I see that I really did need a new camera even though I didn't think so at the time. You should have seen this shot "before" I "fixed" it. Yikers!
snakeskin foil
It's kind of funny when I look at this. I took it last July right in the midst of all of the garter snake shenanigans that were going on at my house. In fact, a day or so before I used this nail foil, I had found a snake shed under my pool stairs. It was really long! 
 
Somebody jokingly said I should use it to do a manicure. I was horrified at the thought of putting real snakeskin on my nails. I did a quick search on the interwebs and discovered that people were really doing that!! And they were paying a couple of hundred bucks to have it done. Freaks.  I'll stick with the foil.
 
I wish all of my foils worked like this one. Since it's not metallic, topcoat didn't have an effect on the finish. Even the bossman commented on these, and he never says anything about my nails.
 
So these are my tribute to my deceased little buddy.
 
At this point I'm actually wishing some garter snakes would show up just so I'd have something to stalk while I'm in the pool. It's so boring just laying there.  
 
Thankfully I still have my precious hummingbirds to watch. They've been complete piggies about drinking up their sugar water. When I got up at 6:30 this morning, there was still food in the feeder; I figured it was enough to last until I get home tonight. When I left for work at 8:30, the damn thing was empty!! Criminey! I know they're super active in the morning, but geez! It's so fun to watch them, especially in the morning. There's 3 or 4 of them flitting around, and it's like they're playing. So effing cute.
 
So that's gonna' be it for today. I'm stuck with the same mani from yesterday, which doesn't thrill me, but I guess dinner with friends should come first.
 
Sometimes real life sure can get in the way of my addiction.

1 comment: