Monday, June 30, 2014

PARTYING AND A CAR ACCIDENT

Whew!! What a weekend! 

On Friday morning we hopped in the car to head to lower Michigan for a retirement party for my husband's uncle.  This trip instead of staying with the entire family at his mom's apartment, I suggested we get a hotel.  Kev booked us at a really cute place with a nice outdoor pool, sitting areas outside each room and even a big gas grill for each room.  Come to find out they are also pet friendly, so perhaps in the future we'll just stay there and save the dogsitting fees.

Once we checked in, we headed over to his mom's and then out for dinner with the fam. Delightful! After that it was off to Meier because I didn't bother to bring a bathing suit and figured I might need one.  Then it was on to the bar to meet up with his cousins for a "couple" of drinks. Yeah, right. We bypassed couple pretty quickly and managed to close down the last bar we went to.

After getting to bed around 3:30, we did get to sleep in without dogs waking us up, so that was nice. I, of course, was hoping for pool-time, so I was very happy when I opened the patio door and found sunshine and hot weather. Since the party wasn't starting until 4, some of the other family members came over and we all spent a couple hours in the sun. 

Next stop, the retirement party where we got to see tons of family we hadn't seen in awhile. There was a whole lot of food and a whole lot of drinks. And once again, it was then off to the same bars, closing them down and then walking back to the hotel. Actually, "I" walked back to the hotel. When the group of us started to walk home, Kev, his brother and cousins decided they wanted to head off to the water tower to sit and chat. Since I have no problem with that kind of tomfoolery, I walked the last 6 or 7 blocks on my own. Gotta' love a small town where you can do that at 2:30 a.m. and make it to your destination alive.

Yesterday we had to come home, and I really hate that 6 hour ride. It was a bit more exciting yesterday, though. As we were driving along on a 55 mph highway, there was a jerkoff about 6 cars ahead of us that was only doing 45, backing up a bunch of traffic behind him. Everybody was just itching to pass, but the traffic coming from the other direction was not letting that happen.

Suddenly a vehicle just a few ahead of us decided it would be brilliant to slam on his brakes and decide to turn. Everyone slammed on their brakes. Everyone, that is, except the girl behind us. WE were her brakes. 

To say I was furious would be an understatement. As I opened the door with my sailor mouth going, Kev's only comment was "don't yell at her. Yet."  When I walked back to the car this very young girl got out, apologizing all over herself and crying. Jeebus. How could I be mad at her? I spent the next five minutes calming her down, giving her a hug and then telling her to go call whoever she needed to call. Poor thing still had a three hour drive ahead of her, and she sure as hell wasn't taking her car to do it since the front end was all smooshed with the radiator hissing.

Our Equinox has practically invisible damage, but the hatchback is closing a bit rough. But I guess that's why we still have full coverage on a 2005 paid for vehicle.

The rest of the ride was thankfully uneventful, but I swear it will take me the rest of the week to recover. I may be too old for so much partying. Well, actually I know I am too old for this shit, but I have to say I did manage to hang with the best of them. I don't remember the last time I had that many drinks.

Before we left for the trip, I had to kind of do a rush job on my nails. So rushed that I didn't even have time to take a picture. I basically then just crossed them and hoped they'd still look good enough on Sunday night to snap a pic.

Success. I'm on day five of this sucker without any signs of wear.
Sally Hansen Peach Beach, Llarowe Lealac LLC-A stamp
I thought it was a nice summery mani that went with all of the clothes I brought on the trip. The coral is Sally Hansen Peach Beach, and I stamped with white stamping polish and the Llarowe Lealac LLC-A stamp.

I actually like this one a lot. It's one of my all-time fave designs, and I love damn near anything coral colored.

I almost forgot to mention the biggest highlight of last week!! When I got home from work on Thursday, I had clear water!! Finally!! They came and installed the new water softener setup, and after months of waiting for my "ah-ha" moment, it finally arrived.  I was giddy with excitement.

I'm not sure what it says about me that the highlight of my summer so far is clean, clear water.














1 comment:

  1. That was a close call. At least you've managed to speak of that in one piece, which is more than one can ask for sometimes, especially for those who experience those kinds of mishaps. I just hope that you will be able to further minimize the damage and the cost of repair. Thanks for sharing that, Diane! Take care always!

    Steven Keltsch @ Allied Insurance Managers

    ReplyDelete