Friday, January 3, 2014

OH, MAN.....THE CRAZY PILLS HAVE STRUCK AGAIN!

Ohmagerd....every time I turn around lately, some new weird thing comes up.

While I've been not working, my boss has been having his daughter go in at night to type up any work he has needed done. She's an absolute doll, and if she ever has a question, we text back and forth.  A few weeks ago she advised that the computer was really acting slow, and I gave her a couple of ideas to try to help it run better. She never said anything else about it so I thought maybe the problem had been solved.

Well, on Monday she texted that she had been waiting for 10 minutes for a Word document to open. Um, that's redonk. She also said the internet was next to impossible to use. Not cool. I gave her a few places to call and told her the bossman was just going to have it brought in for a good cleaning.

In the midst of this, she brings up the fact that her dad said I'm coming back on January 6th. WTF?? I told her the entire convo I had with her dad where he asked me to keep getting unemployment for as long as possible and how it was my understanding that I was going to stay off of work until March which is when I would be required to start looking for another job in order to keep getting benefits. Of course, she had no clue about any of this. He's infamous for not passing along info. She said she'd see what she could find out.

Yesterday I got in the shower, and while I was in there, for some reason I thought mabes the bossman would call. Sure enough, I got out and Kev said the office had called. I listened to the message which pretty much just said that Dana had told him I wasn't coming back on the 6th and to please call him to let him know what was happening. Jeebus.

I decided I would go into the office to see if I could fix the computer and talk to him. I was shocked at how happy he seemed to see me. I won't lie; it felt pretty good.  After he asked about my shoulder, I asked if he was trying to put me in a loony bin. Then I sat at the computer and told him I'd try to fix it. I also walked in as he needed help with the copier, and he also needed me to open the safe because even though he has the combo, he couldn't open it. 

It took me almost 2 hours to fix the computer. I don't know if his part-time phone answerer downloaded a bunch of garbage or what, but it took me forever to uninstall all the shit that was in it, including a couple of those "go online and we'll fix your pc" programs. But it's fixed now, so he was pretty happy about that. 

I was also horrified at how all of my office stuff was moved all around like I was never coming back. Rearranged a bunch of things that were set up the way I want them. It took me a half hour just to find a friggin' rubber band. Seriously, what the hell! After 24 years I have quite a bit of personal stuff there; I really do not appreesh whoever going through and moving my stuff. AT ALL. If you know somebody is coming back to work, why would you think it's okay to go through someone's shit?

I ended up working the rest of the day, and I am now going to work on Thursdays for the time being. He'll just pay me hourly, and we'll figure out our next step at the beginning of March. I think I'm allowed to work a certain number of hours and then unemployment would pay partial benefits, but I'm not really sure how that works.

I do have to say it felt good to do some work. I'm thinking I was missing it more than I thought I was. I'm also thinking that even though being off for the past 7 weeks was nice during recovery and the busy holidays, I might ultimately get very bored not working at all. So we'll see how things go.

'Nuff of that. One of the holiday mani requests from back in October was a Christmas colors water marble. So here that is.
Sally Hansen Cherry Red, Sinful Colors Rise and Shine, Loreal Because You're Worth It Christmas water marble
I think this turned out. Kinda sorta. I only did my left hand which is what I always do when I'm doing the request mani's, and I may have redone the middle and ring fingers if I were going to actually wear it, but it served its purpose as is.

I used Sally Hansen Cherry Red, the green is Sinful Colors Rise and Shine, and the gold is Loreal Because You're Worth it. I don't much like marbling with red because I don't like how it tends to alter the other colors, but it's not too bad. I was just glad they didn't ask for white with the red because that is always a problem for me.

I really wish I could motivate myself to do my nails. I'm still wearing the black/gold I did for New Year's Eve. 

If anyone has a suggestion to snap me out of this damn slump, speak up!!

3 comments:

  1. Get that Dazzle set out that you got for your birthday and do something with that one... you and MJ can have a contest since you both got the same thing!!! Or... try that CG Queen B!!! There, now do something with those suggestions! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, aren't you just an adorable little wise-ass. lol
      Guess that's just one of the many reasons I <3 you so much!

      Delete
  2. Maybe they wanted you to know how much you are needed around there. It sounds like you miss the place too.

    ReplyDelete