Thursday, January 9, 2014


Last night around 8 o'clock, I thought mabes I should just run out and try to start my car. It had started up fine last Saturday, but Kev had trouble with it one morning and had to jump it. He had planned on getting a new battery this week, but since he got called in to work and won't be home until Sunday night, that never happened.

Since it's been so damn cold, I was a little worried that it wouldn't start. I was right. I immediately called the bossman to let him know that it wouldn't start, and I told him I'd call to let him know in the morning. I knew he'd be willing to come out and jump start it so I could go in to work.

Sure enough, I was up bright and early at 6:30 a.m., got ready for work and headed outside around 8:00 to try it. Deadsville. I called and let him know, and he told me he'd come out and jump it.  Cool beans. I figured he'd be right out to do that, but he didn't show up until  after 10:00.  I wish I'd known he was going to dawdle because I could have slept an extra couple of hours.

Unfortunately, it still didn't start. So much for being able to work today.  I told him I'd go in on Monday since today wasn't going to happen. No bigs. Of course, I had a whole plan for the day; work, stop at the grocery store and JC Penney's. So much for that. I really had to get to a store and tried to think of who I could call. I wasn't going to ask my 85 year old mother to come out in these frigid temps, my brother works all day and then goes to work at his restaurant, and my sister has her hands full with a sick hubby right now. Great.

I texted a friend of mine, but she didn't see the message until late this afternoon. When I hadn't gotten a response from her for a couple of hours, I texted my ex-hubby. Luckily he answered right away, and he very kindly brought me to Walmart and the grocery store. I'm more than a little happy he was able and willing to drive out here to get me. He might be my ex, but it sure is nice that we're still close friends. He saved the day!

In yesterday's post I said I was leaving that mani on. At 10:00 p.m. last night I decided I was wearing a black/grey sweater to work today.  At 11:00 p.m. I decided I had to change my mani to match it.
Sinful Colors Smokin, Llarowe LeaLac XL-B stamp
This is the pattern of the sweater. I used Sinful Colors Smokin for the grey and Mash black stamping polish with LeaLac XL-B plate from Llarowe for the design.

It was kind of a rush job because I really was trying to get to bed at a decent time so I'm a little surprised at how straight I got the stamp onto my nails.

Now this I am leaving on for at least another day. I'm too tired to do my nails tonight, and since I have no vehicle, it's not like I'm leaving the house anytime soon.

It's funny how I'm perfectly content to just sit at home right up until the moment I find out that I have absolutely no choice in the matter. 


  1. That sucks that you didn't get to go to work! Super awesome of Daddio to take you out shopping though! Lol Did you run into people anywhere and confuse the hell out of anyone? That would be too funny!
    Love you, Mombo!

    1. No, we didn't run into anybody. lol
      Love you, too, Punk!

  2. Keep reading about the big freeze in the us, buuuur! Nice mani!

    1. Oh, it has been ghastly cold, but tomorrow we're supposed to be back up in the 30's.