Tuesday, December 23, 2014

SHOULD'VE LEFT IT ALONE

Happy 23rd! My last bit of baking, the rolls, are sitting on the cupboard rising for the last time before throwing them into the oven. I can't wait. There are few things I like more than homemade buns fresh out of the oven, and they will be my late supper and probably also a late night snack.

The German sour cream twists came out fantastic. I think I've eaten 6 of those, and the peanut blossoms Tyler made are also delish. I've only eaten two of those. So far. The night is young. She also brought me Chex party mix, which I love but refuse to make. Some things are just better if someone else does it. My ex mother-in-law always made it, and luckily Tyler started doing it because I missed out on it for quite a few years now. Yummers.

Zero is ginormous. And adorable. And sweet. He's a stalker, though, and tends to follow me wherever I go. He also likes to suddenly join me in the recliner to wash my face and has no regard whatsoever for the laptop sitting on my legs. 

I have a Christmas plaid stretchy dog collar with bells around it that I put on him earlier. I finally took it off because he's so happy and bouncy that it was ringing way too much. Then I decided I'd pull out the reindeer ears that we never use and torment him with that. 

As you can see, he was thrilled.

Eventually he got them off and just laid across my legs trying to eat them.  I'm done picking on him now.

Last week late one night I decided to do a wreath stamp on my nails.

American Apparel Office, Color Gossip Nature Girl, Square Hue Joulupukin Pajakyla, Messy Mansion MM01 stamp
The light green is American Apparel Office, and I stamped the wreath using the Messy Mansion MM01 plate with Colour Gossip Nature Girl.  As an afterthought, I grabbed Square Hue Joulupukin Pajakyla and a dotting tool and filled in the bows on the wreath.

That part turned out to be a mistake. I just didn't like how they looked, but it wasn't bad enough that I felt like taking them off to start over.

I will say I had a couple of people compliment them while I was out and about, so I'm not considering it a fail. I'm just considering it to be one that I'm not really fond of. Now that I'm looking at it again, I think if I had stamped the wreaths with a super dark green it would have looked better. Hindsight and all that jazz.

I'm really hoping that later tonight I'll be able to do something with my nails. I still have on the one from yesterday's post, and I really don't want it to be my actual Christmas mani.

Now if I could just decide what I want to do, that would be nice.

1 comment: