Saturday, November 21, 2015

SWEATER, DONE

I do love to knit, but I absolutely hate finishing a sweater. Weaving the pieces together is always something I dread. I took a break for a couple of days trying to get myself into the mood to do that. After that all that was left was knitting the hood.

I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. It certainly works for me as kind of an oversized hoodie that has plenty of room to wear a sweater under it, which is how I like my hoodies to fit.

And now I'm making another one just like it. I'm going to make a few alterations in the sizing because I think I might like it a smidge smaller. I also have a feeling that when Tyler comes home for Thanksgiving, she might just take this first one home with her.

I was wearing some orange to work on Wednesday so on Tuesday night I did this mani.
China Glaze Riveting, Mundo de Unas Black, Uber Chic 6-01 stamp
The orange is China Glaze Riveting from their original Hunger Games collection. It really is a good orange with a nice metallic shimmer to it. I grabbed my new Uber Chic 6-01 stamping plate and used Mundo de Unas black for the design.

I'm ready for this one to come off, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow. I have quite a few new stamping plates that I've barely looked at and still can't decide on something to do with my nails. So frustrating to not have any kind of original ideas in my head.

Maybe I'll get lucky in the next 24 hours and come up with something fantabulous. In the meantime, my only plan for the rest of the evening is just to knit until my hands cramp up.

3 comments:

  1. DIANE!!! That sweater is fabulous!!!!!!!! I love it!!! No wonder you've been MIA so much lately, just too busy, uh? Anyway.... love that mani, too!!! WooHoooooooooooo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Martha. Knitting has for sure been taking up more time than nails lately.

      Delete
  2. Sweater is beautiful!!!
    I like this mani but color is not my.

    ReplyDelete