Friday, October 9, 2015

LORDIE....NOT AGAIN!

After my oh, so nice time last weekend, the difference from Sunday to Monday sucked. I went to bed with a normal face on Sunday night and woke up Monday morning with a fat, swollen lip, a swollen chin, a swollen jaw and pain for days.

WTF. By the end of the day it was very painfully obvious that my face was doing a repeat performance of that infection I got last March. I'm so confused by this bullshit. After that last nightmare I just assumed that was going to be a one-time fluke. Guess not.

I immediately sent a message to the doctor's office, and on Tuesday they had an antibiotic all ready for me. On Wednesday I didn't even make it through the day at work because the throbbing pain through the entire lower half of my face was pretty awful. My normal 4 a day Vicodin jumped up to 8; my normal 2 Excedrin Migraine jumped up to 8; and the rest of the fun came from microwaving a wet washcloth every so often and plastering it on my face.

After barely being able to function for 4 days, I'm starting to feel a bit more normal. I won't go into detail on how I look. I wish someone could explain why this happened once, let alone twice, because I'd do just about anything to avoid it. I went through more pain meds this week than I did after having surgery. That's how bad it is.

Because of it, I'm still wearing that grey and pink mani. I'm hoping that maybe later tonight I'll take that off if I'm feeling up to it. Of course, I'm also hoping I'll feel good enough to clean the house since that didn't get done on Wednesday, and it's driving me nuts.

This one I did a couple of weeks ago.
Wet n Wild Putting on Airs, Mundo de Unas Violet, LeaLac LLC-A stamp
I didn't have any particular plan when I did this one other than thinking that I wanted blue and purple. So Wet n Wild Putting on Airs, Mundo de Unas Violet and the LeaLac LLC-A plate just ended up being what I grabbed. 

That design has always been one of my favorites so I was happy with this one.

Right now I'm going to toss a toy for Seven. She got here Tuesday night and will be here until Sunday. She really likes to play. A lot. Like all the time. But she is such a good girl to have around. 

Well, she wasn't great Tuesday night. I decided to sleep in the recliner because I thought it would help the swelling stay down. She wasn't sure what to do with that. So throughout the night she wandered around a lot, deposited different toys in my lap 5 or 6 times, climbed up and laid on me 3 times.....just not a lot of sleeping going on.

Wednesday night I decided to sleep in the spare room, and she was back to her normal, bed hogging self. I much prefer that.

4 comments: