Monday, June 6, 2016

GRADIENT PLUS VINYLS

I cannot stress enough how much I love not having to go to work. I would love it even more if the stupid weather would cooperate with what I want to do. My pool is up and sparkling blue, and while that pretty water isn't warm enough for me to actually go in it, it's warm enough that I would happily lay on top of it on my raft.

Too bad the weather has either been rainy or simply not warm enough. For the first time ever, I paid for an unlimited package at the tanning salon in June. Normally I do that in May, get my base and never look back. After watching it rain off and on for the past four days and not get above 65 degrees, I'm starting to wonder if I'll even need a tan. I've worn shorts outside once.

I did manage to get a lot done last week in spite of the weather, though. I painted the computer room and ran around town buying flowers to plant in the garden. I had one day last week where it was actually nice enough to plant, so I'm glad I got that done. I was a lot pissed that my go-to flower place didn't have the big potted supertunias this year. I've gotten one the last couple of years that I put on the deck under my kitchen window because they are in huge pots and really full of flowers and look gorgeous all summer. So I'm trying to decide what to get instead.

I was very happy that this year they had some Foxglove, though. Last year nobody in town had any! I bought the last four that they had, and I bought two Bellflowers to go along with them so now I have another section of perennials that hopefully will survive over the winter. I also bought purple, red and white Salvia again even though I hate them, but Hummers supposedly like them and they grow like crazy by my garage. I bought two colors of Snapdragons because they also usually flourish next to the Salvia, but what they had was terribly root-bound. They didn't look too great when I planted them. I hope that being free of their pots will revive them.

I haven't spent too much time doing my nails. Right now I'm just super annoyed with them. My nail beds have changed some, and my nails don't seem to be fitting as well as before. I'd love to do new impressions and get a new set, but the company still isn't selling solid pink sets, only the French tip, and I definitely do not want those. I painted them last night and after being on for less than two weeks, they are already looking like crap at the cuticle because they aren't fitting properly. Irritating to look at; irritating to polish.

I played with another of my vinyls from Ali Express a few weeks back.
Glitter Gal Serpent Black, ILNP Birefringence, ILNP Masquerade, gradient, nail vinyls
I started off by doing a solid black using Glitter Gal Serpent Black. After I placed the vinyls, I did a gradient with ILNP Birefringence and Masquerade.

I loved how this came out. I'm a fan of gradients in general, and I was very pleased with how these polishes from ILNP sponged on.

Now I suppose I should make myself some actual food for supper. Then again, it actually stopped raining a few minutes ago. Maybe I'll throw on a sweatshirt and go sit with the hummingbirds instead.

Having a hummer sit on my finger sounds like much more fun than cooking for one.



No comments:

Post a Comment