Saturday, December 14, 2013

QUICKIE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS

Well, the end of my year is ending on an interesting note. 

On Wednesday I finally went back for my follow-up EGD on my ulcer. I was supposed to do that in September, but life got in the way.  It hasn't healed. Super. Another round of some new meds, and I get to have that redone again in February. *sigh*

Another "awesome" thing happened on Monday. I got a call from the bossman who started off the convo by asking how long I can get unemployment. Okay....weird question. I told him I have 16 more weeks of full benefits. He then proceeds to tell me that he has decided to retire at the end of 2014. I was shocked, but I didn't think it was so major that he'd have to tell me 2 weeks before Christmas. And then he says he won't have a full-time employee anymore. He's just going to do court appointments which don't really require very much work so he's just going to get someone 20-25 hours a week. I am still in shock. For lack of a better answer at the moment, I told him I'd finish out my full benefits on unemployment but would probs want to work the 25 hours a week and finish out with him. I mean, it's been 24 years. I can't imagine  not being there at the end.  Of course, I don't know  moneywise what will be best, if I should try to find another job which is damn near impossible here or just what I should do. I'm like a lost puppy right now.  Merry Effing Christmas.

On a better note, my shoulder seems to be doing pretty well. I haven't been wearing my sling at all for the past few days. It moves pretty well, but I still have to be careful.

Back in October I let CNS know that I'd be out of nail commission and that if they wanted any Christmas mani's they'd have to let me know so I could get them done before surgery. They asked for several, so I knocked them out over a couple of evenings.
Sally Hansen Cherry Red, Kleancolor Metallic Green, Metallic Yellow, OPI Blue My Mind, 10 Professional Put a Ring on It Christmas lights
For this I started off with Sally Hansen Cherry Red and then used Kleancolor Metallic Green and Metallic Yellow, OPI Blue My Mind and 10 Professional Put a Ring on It for the Christmas lights.

It was a bit of a rush job, and I could have done it better if I wasn't trying to get things done quickly. But it is what it is, which lately is turning into my attitude about everything.

Now I'm sitting here with naked nails since Monday when I put them on. I couldn't wear polish for the EGD, and I'm finding myself so totally uninspired that I haven't done anything. I've looked at hundreds of holiday themed nails over the past week, but I'm just not feelin' it. I think I'm just overwhelmed with everything right now; the arm, the ulcer, the dentist, the job, the holidays....just too much all at once.

End of today's whine session.

9 comments:

  1. Wow, you have a bunch going on. I suspect you're tough enough to deal with it, you just need time to digest it all. In a bright note, that was a really cute mani. I've been walking around with a beige color called Ginger Snap since Thursday. I need to strip it tonight, I'm going out to the farm tomorrow, no need for the folks out there to think I'm some kind of freak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm tough enough. It's just mind-numbing whenever I think about not going back to work at my office, or if I'll even end up working again anywhere. Very weird feeling. And Dave, you are NO freak! I'm a fan of you!

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Diane. That made me smile. My first career was 20 years in the army medical corps, leaving was scary, it was all i really knew. I survived, you will too.

      Delete
    3. It's what we have to do, right? And yet here I sit with still nekkid nails! lol

      Delete
  2. Cute! Might try these! I've done some Xmas tree nails, had to reboot the nails though and they're really short again (^~^) Hope 2013 has finished throwing crap and that your 2014 is fab! Have a Happy Christmas ᒄ₍⁽ˆ⁰ˆ⁾₎ᒃ♪♬
    http://www.pinterest.com/pin/173318285633730348/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovin' the holo trees!! I never would have thought of that!

      Delete